FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection issues after upgrading

Grzegorz D
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

From the time I've signed a contract and had my internet upgraded to fibre, I have connection issues pretty much every week. Sometimes just can't do anything on my pc and wasting time, frustrating, etc. ...

Can anybody explain me this and why can it be?

Haven't had many problems for years before and thought TalkTalk is a good provider, but now I changed my mind. It's also difficult to contact with you guys. Found this forum before, but didn't know how to post... and I've used forums before, lol.

Thanks,

Greg

do it
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Ok thanks Greg 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Grzegorz D
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 11

I did observe some lights flashing at that time, but don't really remember. I think that was in late December. Lasted for quite long, maybe one-two hours. Too long ago to remember. Was trying to call your support back then, but all I've heard was asking me for my talktalk phone number etc, so after a while I resigned.

We don't have any issues at the moment, so let me respond in this topic again after we have more problems. Then I'll try to watch these lights and I can tell you more.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

do it
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hello,

Ok, has the setup changed at all since this was set up by the engineer? When the connection drops have you noticed if any of the lights change on the router or Openreach modem?

Thanks

0 Likes

Grzegorz D
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

I don't even think we have any wire, we use wireless connections all the time.

As I mentioned before, we haven't had these problems before the upgrade and changing our modem for those two weird ones.

do it
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Grzegorz D
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Yesterday internet went down for a few seconds. That is happening from time to time. If I was just watching movies or surfing the internet, that would be a no problem, but it's getting annoying when I play competitive games and end up losing/flamed by my teammates... Lol.

Once my ping was jumping up to 300-400 making it impossible to play.

do it
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, is everything now ok since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Grzegorz D
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 11

This is my 3rd attempt to answer you. Old mobile and no intenlrnet on my computer - this is how it looks like.

Nothing is wired, we use wireless connections.

There is a white "router' laying flat and a black one standing up on it. On the black there is one light which in is on, on the white 3 are on - power, DSL, LAN - one is off - "internet".

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9PDX4YeVPx6dt9Ng6

Before we had just one router, simple and no additions.

EDIT (internet back):

Don't know why i didn't think about it earlier, but I've tried connecting to wi-fi with my mobile, instead of using my mobile internet only, and it worked... So I knew there's something wrong with the software on my pc and found out that my VPN was trying to "connect without the internet", so it kind of blocked my pc from connecting to wi-fi. Silly me.

But still I know my earlier problems with connection was not the VPN's fault, because I have it from a short time.

do it
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Can I just confirm, has the set up changed at all since this was set up by the engineer?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Grzegorz D,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.