FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps Dropping Out

Dcotto1
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Keep geeting the dreaded amber light most evenings recently and it was especially bad too during the day on bank holiday monday which suggests a shortfall in bandwidth in our area. Can you please investigate. 

D J COTTOM
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Dcotto1
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 18

Internet speed down to 12mb/s again!!!! Really frustrating as problem was 'resolved' in May. Can you please send the BT engineer out again to investigate their apparatus.

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Dcotto1
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 18

So I'm back down to 12mb/s again which is really frustrating after problem was apparently resolved in May!!!! Can you please arrange for a BT engineer to check their apparatus again. I'll be going back to VM at this rate.Screenshot 2021-07-06 123615.jpg

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

BT Engineer has now resolved. Thanks

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi 

Fault is still with Openreach.  Engineer has found a low AC balance on the D-side, that's between you and the main cabinet.   Engineer was unable to resolve and has escalated this internally within Openreach for an Underground skilled engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

My contract is says I should be getting 67mbps download speed so only operating at 20%?

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

I've had a poor internet connection all day - just did a speed check and got these results?

Dcotto1_2-1620656860443.png

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi

Give us a nudge on Monday and we'll check the Openreach notes for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

OK thank you. I look forward to the update.

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Dcotto1

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi @geoffeales,

You will need to start your own topic on the community for the staff here to be able to help, as they can only help one customer per topic. What make / model of router do you have, if it is the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then the symptoms you describe do sound like a common issue that can affect that model of router.

geoffeales
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 18

can anyone help me? I am convinced there's a fault with my router. On average I have no connection about twice a week for the last 3 months or so. When I unplug and reconnect the router it fixes every time. Service check says there's no fault on the router or the line - but that of course can only be checked when I'm up and running on-line. When it's down there's no way of checking, the white light is continuous which would suggest it's OK but the only way to fix is to reboot. My 18 months is up 2nd June and at this rate I'm tempted to look for another provider, but would rather sort this as when it's up and running it's great. Help!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

It just dropped out again!

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Yes it is

D J COTTOM

Message 15 of 18

Hi Dcotto1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

Is the router still connected at the master socket at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

No connection test issues. 

Phone line working normally.

Do not have a test socket.

Porfile updated.

Problem is intermitent not permanent.

D J COTTOM
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Dcotto1,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.