FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping - impacts both Ethernet and Wifi Connected Devices

IDHFMH
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Over recent days our internet connection has become unstable. It keeps dropping - this impacts both Ethernet and Wifi connected devices.  The system eventually recovers only to drop again later.   We have discovered that rebooting the router does reestablish the connection temporarily.

According to the Network status display there is no problem - that said it dropped again 5 mins ago.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

@Chris-TalkTalk Chris - thank you.  I have installed the new router and although the connection seems to be a little more stable, it does still keep dropping and I have to reboot the router to reconnect.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards

Ian

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi IDHFMH,

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

If you think that would help I would appreciate it - we currently have the WiFi Hub so wouldn't want to revert to one of the older models...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi IDHFMH

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a different router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Debbie - sorry to have to report that my Internet connection has been dropping again today. It comes back again after rebooting the router but drops again sometime later. Please can you explain what is causing this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi IDHFMH

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 11

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Chris - you are correct.   The problem seemed to last for about three or four days but has not reappeared since then.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi IDHFMH,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is clear but I can see that your connection was stable until 29th then there were a few reconnections over the next few days but appears to have again been stable over the last three days - has that been your experience?

Chris

Message 9 of 11

Thank you - the phone line is fine and the router is connected direct to the master socket.   This type of problem seems to happen periodically and then the system remains stable for a few months....

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @IDHFMH ,

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two