FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping out ever since I upgraded to Fibre 150

modeliux28
Participant
Message 8 of 8

Hello, basically the problem is in the title. There are some days where the connection doesnt drop out a single time but most days it drops 2-3 times. Yesterday was the day when the camels back was broken. The connection kept dropping every 30 minutes or so all day. I did complete the connection test and it said there was a "Track Fault" which I have no idea what that means. I had no such problems with my previous plan, which was 3 times slower in terms of download speed. There was no problems when playing video games as well, but now my ping is all ovet the place. One hour it sits at 19ms, next hour 29ms, next hour it keeps jumping from 20ms to 40ms and sometimes it spikes up to 150ms and drops down after a couple of seconds. When downloading stuff the speed is great, bit can I please get the stability fixed? Also I forgot to mention that when the connection drops the Internet and Wifi lights turn off on the smaller white box and the other 2 lights stay on, I cant remember which ones those are.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi modeliux28

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I'll try it out once I get back home. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks, could you try connecting your modem to the test socket and monitor to see if the disconnection continue. If they do then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

One socket and yes only the router is connected to it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi modeliux28,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you just have your router connected to your telephone socket(s), no other devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I am not using the landline so I can't tell you anything about the voice noise. The set up hasn't changed ever since the engineers came in to connect everything. I didn't have a connection drop for the last 3-4 days except yesterday. It did drop 1 time in the evening. Although the inconsistent ping and major ping spikes were still happening during those no-dropout days, it wasn't frequent.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line and the sync speed is varying. Is there any noise on the voice service? Has the set up changed at all since this was set up by the engineer or any new equipment connected to the line?

Thanks

0 Likes