FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping

Cestrian42
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Over the past few weeks the connection has dropped on a number of occasions. There is no pattern as to when it occurs during the day. If I click on the globe symbol in the system tray it shows my router's name and the wi-fi symbol in the bottom right is blue which I assume means the laptop is connected to the router via wi-fi, The screen say 'Secured, no internet connection' There have been no changes to the setup. I have rebooted the router a number of times and the connection is made The screen then reads 'Connected, secured'. Sometimes when it is apparently connected after rebooting, I am unable to access any websites and the symbol in the system tray reverts to a globe.

I have run the TT health check and all is fine. How do I resolve this frustrating problem? 

Peter Walker
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Glad to hear the new router works better 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Cestrian42
Team Player
Message 2 of 7

The old router started working fine for a few days then dropped the connection. I swapped over to the new router and it has worked fine all the time. Thanks for your help.

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Cestrian42

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Cestrian42
Team Player
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Yes, please send me a new router. Since my post I have had the same problem the last 2 mornings. It will say 'connected and secured' yet when I try to use my browser or send\receive email there is no connection.   

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi Cestrian42

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests have not detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Cestrian42,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.