FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection patchy

bmlr95
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Hi - we've had this problem before and it's fixed itself, but seems to keep coming back.

Our connection is fine and stable for months on end, then will suddenly start to drop 5-10x per day, and that's currently happening at the moment. I called the helpline and have run numerous line checks with you and all of them come back saying it's fine. As before I've also been through the Service Centre, run constant speed checks and tried a great deal of the troubleshooting options, none of which have worked.

If we reset the router by turning it off and on again, we usually get a solid connection for at least 30 minutes, but then it will drop again at random. 

We don't use the landline and have no phone plugged into it, so I can't test the sound/quality of that. Just the internet. 

Any help appreciated, thank you. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the stability has improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi - we've been using the test socket since Friday now and have had zero problems.

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Ok thank you for trying this and please let us know how the connection and stability compares over the weekend 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks - we've attached it to the test socket. Currently seems faster and more stable. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Does the main socket look like the below? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for 24hrs to see how the stability compares please?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks - it's just the one socket but I think it does have a test socket if that's helpful?

The light often flickers from solid white to flickering orange when there's an issue. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi bmlr95,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service 

Have you noticed if the light changes on your router when the connection drops?

How many telephone sockets do you have? Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes