FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects at random

MrWard
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I had an engineer out about a month and half ago for this problem and it was fixed for a while, but its back again. I have tried a different micro filter, I have reset the router, etc. But, the problem still persists.

WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)

This is a common error in the system logs, I'm 99% sure it's the router that is the issue here. I can't test a new router as I don't have one spare. If I could get some help that would be very much appreciated thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi MrWard

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

MrWard
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Quick update, the router arrived Friday and I've been using it for a couple of days now. Everything seems to be running smoothly. Thanks again for getting that router sent out to me and helping me with my connection problem.

Message 3 of 8

Hi

Take as much time as you need to test, we will be here when you need us 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for getting that sent out to me. I'll let you know after it has arrived and has been going for a day or two if everything is working ok.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

There's another router on it's way. Please let us know how you get on when you've got it and don't forget to change all the parts to ensure you eliminate all possible causes. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply, I have checked all that already and it all seems fine, except for the land-line phone as I don't have one anymore. That's why I'm 99% sure it's the router as I had a similar issue about 4-5 years ago.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @MrWard,

That is a fairly generic error, that basically just means the router has lost its connection with the internet, but it doesn't really help explain why, it could be a router issue, but it could just as likely be a fault on the phone line.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.