FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down

EEBEE
Team Player
Message 22 of 22

Internet has been off for most of the day.  Flashing orange n white light.  Turned hub off for a duration.  Have now got solid orange light.  Please help!

Also, internet light is off on openreach box.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

@EEBEE wrote:

My neighbour has the same problem with BT, they have given her some freebies as compensation... I'm just saying 😉

Your neighbour is probably paying a lot more for her broadband than you are. BT are a premium supplier, TalkTalk are a budget supplier.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi,

I've not noticed any further disruption with the connection so assume fixed, unless your line test shows anything.

Many thanks,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi

Keep monitoring and do let us know if anything changes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi,

As far as I'm aware the connection has been up for 17+ hours.  So looking good (*@#][!![]'#[@#]!* I've said it now :)).

There's still a hole in the pavement, and nobodies been near all day, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.  Albeit I haven't confirmed the dig is related.

Cheers,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Ian

Thanks for the additional information.

If dig work is required then it may be a bit longer before the fault is fully resolved but I am glad to hear that the engineers are there working to resolve this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 22

Hi,

Daily update....

... The openreach guys still got the box open and now there a hole in the pavement.   The connection is like a yo-yo, but to be fair, a slow one.  I gather they're still working on it, and the good thing is they are working on it.   My neighbour has the same problem with BT, they have given her some freebies as compensation... I'm just saying 😉

Ian

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply.

The same issue is still being detected (Openreach issue) Hopefully the engineers can fully resolve this fault as quickly as possible.

Debbie

Message 8 of 22

Hi,

An openreach guy has his head in the exchange box at the end of the street when I got home from work at 5:30pm.  The connection appears to have been ok until 9pm ISH. So I assume they're still working on it.  I have just powered off again in an attempt to recover...

Something to note, in the hub logs there are lots of errors for 'The WAN DHCP client process has failed on vlan 36'.  Am I correct in thinking this is a business address?

Cheers,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi,

An openreach guy has his head in the exchange box at the end of the street when I got home from work at 5:30pm.  The connection appears to have been ok until 9pm ISH. So I assume they're still working on it.  I have just powered of again in an attempt to recover...

Something to note, in the hub logs there are lots of errors for 'The WAN DHCP client process has failed on vlan 36'.  Am I correct in thinking this is a business address?

Cheers,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hello,

I'll check again later on today to see if there are any updates on this fault/outage and will post back here.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi,

I'll assume a fix is in progress then?

Cheers,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

HI

This is still showing when we test.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi,

Thanks for the info.   Has the existing network event been fixed or is there to be further outage? 

Cheers,

Ian 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi

I'm now showing that your line is affected by an existing network event - this means an outage on the openreach side.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi,

Sorry I thought I replied earlier...

Good to hear of possible issue

No, the voice service is not affected.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is now detecting a possible issue. Can I just confirm, is the voice service also affected? Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

EEBEE
Team Player
Message 17 of 22

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry for delay in reply (I'm in the office :()

Yeah, it disconnected again late last night, so I left it powered on overnight and it was reset this morning.  Same symptoms as before.  I am told it has gone off again this morning but I cannot give specifics.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi EEBEE

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the sync speed looks good.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

EEBEE
Team Player
Message 19 of 22

The latest...
Saturday 21:15, no internet again, solid orange light.  Powered off/on numerous times to no avail then left switched on overnight.
Sunday Am, internet connected.
Sunday 13:30, came home to find internet not connected again.  Solid Orange light and no DSL or internet lights on openreach modem.  Powered off for 30 mins.  14:06 connection restored.
Sunday 17:30, connection lost.  Solid white light on Hub but no DSL or Internet light on Modem.  Hub lights progressed thru white/orange flashing to solid orange.  I left it alone for an hour to see if it recovered with no intervention, it didn't.  Powered off at 18:40, connection restore at 19:06.
A line test showed no issues.  Nothing has been change in my setup/hardware, so need to find out what is failing.  As the DSL light is not lit on the modem then my thoughts are the issue is before is either with the modem or before this.    Please can this issue be progressed or do I have to contact support?  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Until the beginning of this month I was working from home for 2 years, and I'm happy to say with no connection issues.  Working in IT development I need a constant/reliable connection and have always praised talktalk reliability.  But, when it has gone wrong in the past it was a pain the posterior, hope this time doesn't prove to be the same.   I will be returning to working at home shortly, so I need this working.    

0 Likes

EEBEE
Team Player
Message 20 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for the pointers...

I went through the diagnostic routine, and powered both boxes (Hub and modem) plus the reset buttons numerous times last night to no avail.  I left both boxes switched off overnight.  This morning I powered back on, only to get the solid orange light.   On attempting to login to the hub via my laptop (wireless) I went to the hub to get the password to find the light had gone WHITE.  Now I'm not sure if it recovered itself or attaching to the hub (logon screen only) did the trick.  Whatever it was, it's back on now.

I'm told the connection was off/on a couple of times yesterday, so time will tell...