FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping at random times

Dennis20
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I have a Fiber 65 package and have been experiencing drops in connections ranging from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes at different points during the day. The drops seem to be random across the whole day ranging from 1-6 times a day.

This is dropping calls and meetings and making it very difficult to work remotely at the moment. 

It has been happening since I received the router at the start of my subscription. Judging by previous threads I may just need a new/replacement router, however I cannot find any which have confirmed if this has solved the problem or not.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Dennis

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie

A replacement router would be good to try, the talktalk website cannot identify my current router when I access my account which may contribute i am not sure.

Thank you for your reply, I shall let you know if it works out.

Thanks,

Dennis

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Dennis20

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

The router seems to be loosing connection to the internet, both wired and wi-fi devices disconnect and reconnect at the same times. 

Each time this happens I need to re-log into various programs to set back up again. Some of these have security checks for locations of previous logins which get set off after some of these disconnects. I've had emails telling me i'm logging in from Camden, Bristol, Caerphilly, Cardiff after each of these disconnects. I am not sure if I am being disconnected to reconnect to a different exchange(?) or if there is a way I can ensure I can stay on a fixed connection. 

Thank you for the reply, I hope they get in contact soon. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Dennis20,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.