FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out for a few seconds

ryanhammoud
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue I seem to have been encountering for the past few weeks.

My internet has been dropping out quite a lot recently. 

All of a sudden all my devices at home would lose their connection (to internet, not connection to WiFi) and then the connection would come back after a few seconds.

Checking my service status on my line through the Talktalk website has shown no fault with my line but it seems like something is going on.

When running a Ping stability test, I see that everything runs fine but I will occasionally have huge ping spikes. Even when using FaceTime, I will notice that everything is running really well and super clear, but then all of a sudden everything freezes and then comes back again, as if the connection dropped for a few seconds.

Was wondering if any OCE could help me with the issue?

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk ,

I'll keep a log over the next few days and write what I find.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming

Message 3 of 6

Hi

All usual tests are clear so I've pulled the Openreach DLM logs for the past 24hrs.  There are some errors on the upstream, but not excessive, only single figures, so this should not have an impact.

If you can make a note of the date / times the connection appears to stall over the next day or two, I'll check the logs at those times and see if there are any error spikes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk,

Different things happen at different times. 

It's happened a few times this week where the light on the front will start flashing orange and everything (including wifi) will drop out. The only way to fix that is by restarting the entire router.

Other times (more often), throughout the day, it is just the internet (not the WiFi) that will stop working. I usually disconnect my iPad/iPhone from the WiFi and then reconnect and it will begin to work after a minute or so.

Yes I have two devices connected via ethernet. A smart-home hub and a network media player.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens? Do you have any devices connected wired?

Thanks

0 Likes