FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping

Timbo7
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I’ve been a customer for about a year and a half now and i’ve continuously had an issue with dropping Internet connection. I am either playing on my PlayStation or sometime doing work at night when it happens which can be frustrating. Maybe twice a week exactly at midnight the Internet will go and won’t come back again until around 1 am. I’ve called up three times now and all they do is run diagnostics and tell me that the Internet is fine and that’s the end of it. But then it will just happen again the next week. I am not sure if the problem is with some hardware on my end. It could be but I wouldn’t know how to fix that anyway. What is exceptionally strange is that when I am on my PlayStation I will be in a party chat with my friends and that will be fine yet the online game I’m playing will fail. It’s got to a point where I have to leave talk talk as I can’t have this keep happening especially if I’m actually working. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Timbo7

Ahh ok. Hopefully this will now resolve the issue.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Timbo7
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Yes it was showing it was switched on

Message 3 of 7

Hi Timbo7

Thanks for your reply.

Was HomeSafe/KidsSafe showing as switched on when you checked?

0 Likes

Timbo7
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

Thanks guy. I didn’t even know this was a thing. After the phone calls to customer service they didn’t mention that once. Hopefully this does the trick. Thanks again 👍🏻

Message 5 of 7

Hi Timbo7

I'm really sorry to hear this.

As martswain has suggested, have you checked to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on in My Account?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@Timbo7  check that HOMEWORK TIME is set to off in the HOMESAFE settings.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-HomeSafe/ta-p/2205196