FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops every 5-10 minutes, including Ethernet

Petbo
Team Player
Message 36 of 36

We recently upgraded to fibre. For the past week the internet cuts out regularly about every 5-10 minutes. This includes the TV which is plugged in via an Ethernet cable, the picture obNetflix is awful and it cuts out and buffers every 10 minutes.

I’ve tried rebooting for 20 mins. 

i’ve tried the test socket - phone still works. 

I work from home and it has been fine for the past 5 months but now I can’t work as I need to log on. 

the issue remains even when it’s just me in the house. 

we don’t play online games or do anything that would use loads of bandwidth. 

any help would be massively appreciated 

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Hi Petbo

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats again and the connection appears to be stable and the line is in sync at 39.9mb.

Have you tested different wireless channels to see how the connection compares? Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Message 22 of 36
Hi Michelle

Unfortunately it’s still cutting out. We have it confirmed that the fibre is now live and the Ethernet connection seems a bit better but the WiFi is still dropping out every 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for your continued help with this

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 36

Hi Petbo,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've optimised the connection now to try and improve the stability in case the SNR is dropping too low. Please let us know how the connection compares on Thursday.

Thanks

Message 24 of 36
Hi Debbie

We received the router it improved things for a bit (still cutting out but not as often) but now it is back to where it was, if not worse.

We should hopefully be getting fibre on Thursday. Will that make a difference?
0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Message 26 of 36
Will do - thank you

Message 27 of 36

Hi Petbo

Thanks for the Private Message.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 28 of 36
Debbie

I’ve sent you a message. Thank you!

Message 29 of 36

Hi Petbo

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 30 of 36

Debbie 

yes please 

thanks 

Message 31 of 36

Hi Petbo

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 32 of 36

Hi Debbie

Yes. I’ve been testing it since 8.30. It keeps dropping. Even when I am right next to the router. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

Hi Petbo

Have you tested the connection within the last hour?

Thanks

Debbie

Petbo
Team Player
Message 34 of 36

Thank you Debbie. 

the Ethernet connection for the TV seems better but the Wi Fi is still dropping out regularly. 

It was the same when I tested it at 4.30am this morning so I don’t think it is increased traffic. And we haven’t changed our use over the 5 months. We only have a TV, 2 iphones and a laptop connected as a maximum. 

thank you for your help with this! 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 35 of 36

Hi Petbo

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that the SNR is dropping low and this can affect the stability and performance of the connection.

I have reset the data port and optimised the connection and the SNR has now increased. Please let us know how the connection compares following this?

Thanks

Debbie