FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops out in the evening.

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

Hello,

shout out for help / guidance

over the last week my internet has slowed and dropped out in the evenings so as to become unsuable - even for surfing. I have tried to get help through the chat 4 times and every time I have been cut off at various points

The last session got as far as suggesting one solution was to send out a new router, then I was again cut off.

Worryingly they also said it could be congestion, which may mean this issue is unsolvable..And I imagine I am still bound to the contract because for the majority of the day the speeds are OK.

I am not sure, short of cancelling and moving elsewhere, what more I can do to get a solution.

I have tried all the tricks with the master socket, wired / wireless connection, landline unplugged etc. This has happened consistently over the last week. There have been no changes my side.

I realise things go wrong and that speed can vary, but this process is immensely frustrating.

Another thing I noticed was that we used to have connection max of 16 MBPS and now it is reduced to 11..I am not sure if these two thing coincided..

Can anybody help? 

Thanks

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is the noise present at the test socket with 2 different phones and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

This is interesting, tonight on the phone line there is more of a buzzing; the buzzing gets louder if I disconnect the router from the socket. Both the phone and the router are plugged in via the micro filter to the the master socket.

Earlier during the day with the lower hiss the same happened; the hiss got quieter when the router was plugged in.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

OK thanks, if you disconnect your router can you still hear the hiss?

Chris

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 4 of 27

Just checked the phone; I’m not sure what’s normal - there’s a low background hiss.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

OK thanks Phatslax

Chris

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 6 of 27

Hi I’m plugged into the test socket (the one inside the master socket) since this all began I’ve  it used the landline plugged in; will do that later and check. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed is varying. Does your main socket have a test socket? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 8 of 27

Hi thanks, the service is definitely better but we suffer from slow speeds still.  I don’t know if this is connection or just variations in available bandwidth.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. The fix for this has been rolled out. Can I just confirm, what issues you're experiencing with the connection at the moment please? Is it stability or slow speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Please can I have an update? The connection has improved but still not perfect…

thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Morning,

Our Network Engineers have identified a possible issue yesterday and advised that they are implementing a fix. I will post back to confirm as soon as I receive confirmation that this should be resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi David,

We've passed this over to our network team for further investigation, we'll let you know when we receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 13 of 27

Hi Chris

Yes I did a couple of tests in the evening when the speed dropped really low again (screenshots attached). These were performed on a iPad. But as I have previously said it happens on bother wired and wireless connections. It started to slow around 7pm UK time. Was slow / variable until at least around 11pm..Your website had a technical error and would not store the results; maybe you can see them.

At one point your line checker indicated a problem, but a bit later they sent me a congratulatory text saying everything was ‘ok’ which it is not.

After these tests I could not even load your speed checker, and the broadband was useless. A8182F1D-1D25-41F5-968A-E40D8D6A2B4A.png2AB4DD44-A7C6-4FF6-9494-A6D5DE2A0403.png

What next?

Regards

David

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

OK thanks. Could you run a couple of speed tests, at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker. Could you run the test on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable if possible

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi Chris, I tried that last night, left off for 45mins, and then turned back on; did not make a measurable difference.

Regards

regardss

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi David,

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If speeds are then still low please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 17 of 27

Hi,

the change to synch settings has not made a significant difference; please can you let me know what the next steps are?

thanks

David

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi Phatslax

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Phatslax
Team Player
Message 19 of 27

Hi

yes the router is plugged into the master socket (inside) with the newly supplied filter and cable.

Yes please arrange a visit - I am away this week, will be back Saturday.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi Phatslax

Thanks for your reply.

If this fault is still present with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes