FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet gone down

Generalmaddog
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

My home internet has gone off and have reported it and had message to say an engineer will be out to fix it in 2-3 working days.  This is unacceptable as I work from home so need the connection working.

I cannot find anything to say if it is me effected or the area and there is no phone number on site to actually you know speak to someone about it!!

So talktalk is it my connection or the area?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 1 of 6

@Generalmaddog wrote:

My home internet has gone off and have reported it and had message to say an engineer will be out to fix it in 2-3 working days.  This is unacceptable as I work from home so need the connection working.

there is no phone number on site to actually you know speak to someone about it!!

@Generalmaddog Unfortunately you don't get a higher priority over the rest of us just because you work from home.

As @martswain says, pretty much all ISP have the same service level agreement with Openreach for home broadband contracts. If that is unacceptable to you then you will need to look into getting a business broadband contract with a higher SLA.

Hopefully they will get it fixed for you soon, but if it takes longer than 2 working days you should be eligible for compensation as detailed here: About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

You can also contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours - unfortunately no phone support on Sundays).

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Generalmaddog,

Line test does show an existing network event but doesn't specify what the issue is. It's also been raised to Openreach as a non-appointed task so as advised Openreach will investigate over the next 48 to 72 hours and may contact you directly if then need to access your home

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 6

@Generalmaddog up to 72 hours is the normal response time on HOME contracts.

Have you checked TT Service Centre or www.downdetector.co.uk for issues in your area ?

0 Likes

Generalmaddog
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Yes I have a dial tone can make calls fine - I simply want to know is it my internet or the area CH61 that is affected?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Generalmaddog,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Is your telephone service also down, do you have a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes