FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps crashing

KerryB78
Team Player
Message 40 of 40

Hi, been having problems with internet coming and going. I have 3 children all gaming at the same time. I've run a speed check and its reading 24 mbps, I have spoken to a friend who works in IT and he said for the amount of usage we need at least 100mbps. Is there anyway to boost connectivity?

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

martswain
Philosopher
Message 1 of 40

@KerryB78  if there is a line or cabinet fault that is limiting your speed, even if that is fixed the best you can expect from any ISP that provides service over the phone line is the high end of the TT estimate, 28.

The length of your phone line is the limiting factor on a FTTC service.

To get the speeds you say you need you would have to move to a full fibre service or Virgin Media.

Ask for the Loyalty Team on 0345 172 0046 or 0345 172 5157 

Message 2 of 40

Ok thank you. Do you have the loyalty teams number please as I can't seem to find it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 40

Hi KerryB78

Apologies for this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team by phone or Live Chat then they can discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 40

Ok thank you. Unfortunately that's not fast enough for what we need. Can you tell me if there is a fee for leaving my contract early and if so, how much please?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 40

Hi KerryB78

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 26.8 and 24.1mb, and with a guaranteed minimum speed of 21.7mb.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 40

Hi KerryB78

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 40

Ok Debbie, thank you. What is the maximum speed I could get when everthing is working properly? We need at least 50mbps, do you think that will be possible? If not I may need to move to another provider.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 40

Hi KerryB78

I've checked and I can see that your router has the latest firmware version.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 40

Where would I find that?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 40

Hello,

Can you also see the version of firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 40
  • Sagemcom- FAST5364
0 Likes

Message 12 of 40

Hi,

Apologies, I can't currently connect to the router. Which version of firmware is currently showing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 40

No problem,  thank you.  I've just noticed on my account it says my software needs updating, could this be part of the problem?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 40

Hi,

Thank you. Would it be possible to keep the router connected at the test socket whilst we are looking into this and I will re-check the connection stats in the morning to see how the stability compares and also if DLM has made any changes to the speed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 40

I have plugged the router into the test socket now

0 Likes

Message 16 of 40

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-run the line test now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks very unstable which will affect the broadband speed. Is the router now also connected directly at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 40

DS - 20

US- 3.7

Minimum guaranteed is 21

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 18 of 40

@KerryB78  what is the actual sync speed as reported in the router interface when you log in at 192.168.1.1 ?

You need to look at the DSL page and Downstream/ Upstream Line Rate

How does that compare with your minimum guaranteed speed as advised in Service Centre ?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 40

Ok, thank you 😊

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 20 of 40

Staff will follow up on Monday, @KerryB78 - they are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.