FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps crashing

KerryB78
Team Player
Message 40 of 40

Hi, been having problems with internet coming and going. I have 3 children all gaming at the same time. I've run a speed check and its reading 24 mbps, I have spoken to a friend who works in IT and he said for the amount of usage we need at least 100mbps. Is there anyway to boost connectivity?

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 21 of 40

Good morning, 

We have received our new router and plugged everything in with new cables including the micro filter. Unfortunately it is still running slow and saying we have a track fault? What's the next step please?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Hi KerryB78

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 40

That's brilliant thank you. Fingers crossed!

Message 24 of 40

Hi KerryB78

The replacement router is on its way, there will be no charge for this.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router (please can you use new cables and microfilter)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

Yes please, can you tell me how long that will take please and if I will be charged for it?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40

Hi KerryB78

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing? This will also include a new microfilter.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 40

Unfortunately no, we've had it quite a while and must have thrown it away sorry.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 40

Hi,

Do you still have the box that the router came in as there should be a microfilter in the box?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

We don't have a phone or a micro filter I'm afraid 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 40

Hi,

Do you have a microfilter? Can you connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket and we can re-check the connection stats in 24hrs to see how both the stability and speed compares in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

Ok yes it has two clips I have pulled that off now 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 40

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. If the socket is a 5C main socket then this should have a test socket behind the faceplate. Does it have a horizontal line with 2 screws or clips at the side of the front plate?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 40

We don't actually have a home phone to check, sorry. The socket doesn't look exactly like any of those but says open reach 5C.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 40

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, I mean any noise on the home phone service? Can I just confirm, does your socket look like any of the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 40

What do you mean by vou mean by voice service?? There is no test switch either. When we ran a test from here it said there was a track fault.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line and the sync speed is varying. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 37 of 40

Updated profile, please let me know asap

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 38 of 40

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

martswain
Philosopher
Message 39 of 40

@KerryB78  what product do you have ?

What does Service Centre say regarding the "Speed to your router", "Speed to your device" and your minimum guaranteed speed ?

Faster products may be available, you need to look in the "My Offers and Upgrades" section of your TT online account.