FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting when it starts to rain

Kb6muser
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

When it begins to rain, the internet will instantly disconnect, once it disconnects it'll be down for a few seconds but other times it'll be down for a few mins.

This has happened ever since we installed the broadband which is the Faster Fibre package. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Kb6muser
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Kb6muser

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Kb6muser

Apologies for the delay.

I have requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Any updates?

The broadband has gone down when it rains and the line too which still makes a cracking sound whenever it rains. It does go back to normal as usual when it stops raining.

Regards Karen

Kb6muser
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Karen,

I've now received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Karen,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the intermittent connection and voice issue over to our Network Team for further investigation. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Yup, the landline fault is still present after removing the router from the line but it's fine when the router is plugged in the line.

Regards Karen

Kb6muser
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Karen

Apologies for this.

Is the landline fault still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi there,

Just to let you know that the internet dropped today during rain and when I tested the landline it wasn’t working. The tone wasn’t there it was just high pitched screechy noises.

Does this mean it’s the line rather than the router? Also fyi we did the service status on the TalkTalk website and it said we aren’t getting the speed we’re meant to be getting.

Any ideas?

Regards Karen

Kb6muser
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Kb6muser,

Our network team have initially raised this as a non-appointed task, we should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Kb6muser

I've replied to your PM

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi

I'm showing a possible issue on the line.  As the phone line sounds ok from your side I need to log this out to openreach.

To do this I need to confirm some details with you.  I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Profile is updated! 

We don’t use our landline much but when the  internet went down this week I listened to the landline phone and it sounded normal.

Kb6muser
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi Kb6muser

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service when making calls? (any noise)

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 15
Hi kb6 welcome to the community. The British weather has a lot to answer for! Sounds like a line fault, how does your phone line sound when it's raining?
Your message has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back Monday as the team here work office hours.
In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number, It is used to identify your account.
Let's all hope for a dry spell 😃
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.