FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping, have to reset the router every day

keenongolf
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

My internet keeps dropping, email doesn't get delivered and I have to reset the WiFi Hub Router every day. A line check showed a fault between the exchange and my house which was fixed. Line check in my house suggests I check all devices.  I have had to unplug my expensive Philip's Hue smart home setup because it kept losing the internet connection.  When I first reported the fault I was informed that my landline phone was faulty so I bought a new one but it made no difference.  I was contacted by someone and asked for further details which  I supplied but I have had no further contact from them.  What else can I do other than cancel my contract and switch to Virgin.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
Hi keenongolf,

Did the new router solve the problem? I've been having the exact same trouble.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi keenongolf,

Apologies for the delay. I've ordered a replacement router as requested, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

My Philips Hue bridge once again has no internet connection,  same thing happened a couple of days ago. I received an email asking if I would like a new router to try,  I replied YES.  I have not received one, so I also replied YES to the offer here on this thread and I'm still waiting and no further communication.  It is not possible to actually discuss this problem with TT so as soon as I can get out of my TT contract I'm off!  Hello Virgin Media.

keenongolf
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

I am still waiting for a resolution  to my constant internet problems. I have had no internet at all today, run several service checks and get the following: I have run yet another service check today and get the following:  I have tried CHAT but no response.

A speed test shows:

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

1.0 Mbps Your average download speed 

0.3 Mbps Your average upload speed Not happy with these speeds?  What do you think TALKTALK?

There's a problem with our network

Your services will be affected

Our agents are available to chat:
9am - 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm Saturday and 9am - 6pm Sunday

Chat to our team
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
Yes please I would really appreciate it if you would send me a different router to try as this internet problem is driving me mad. When I stand besides my current Sagem router I can often hear it crackling.

Keenongolf
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @dbabe2008

Please can you create a topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

dbabe2008
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

i have a similar issue, but i can log in the router and it says that it is still connected to the internet, but it has kicked everybody of the wifi. rebooting the router clears the problem

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi keenongolf

I'm sorry to hear this. I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @keenongolf,

What happens to the light(s) on your router when you have these issues, do they indicate your router is losing connection with the internet ?

If it is losing connection with the internet then if your master phone socket has a test socket you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.