FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet light keeps going off

Pgriff22
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 3

Had a problem for a couple of months now with talk, unable to connect gadgets to router, losing connection, can anyone help . Now I’ve noticed today the internet light on router keeps going out and all gadget lose connection to internet 

I started having problems when I started a new contract and upgraded to fibre 65 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Pgriff22

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Pgriff22,

Does your router have multiple lights, if so do you also have one labelled 'broadband' ?, what does that light do when you have the issue.

Or does your router just have one single LED that is normally solid white, if so, what does this light do when you have the problem ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.