FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet light solid red all day

Maskohel
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

The internet light has been solid red all day. Wifi isn't working either. Unable to contact Talk Talk. Looking at areas affected my area isn't listed. I have done all the usual, turn off, reset, check cables,...doesn't help. I live in Berinsfield, Oxfordshire, can some one look at this? I've provided email, and phone number in my profile, thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Maskohel

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I think we should send you a different router for testing. Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6

My internet stopped working again today. It worked till 10AM, the dropped out. This time there is no internet light and the broadband light occasionally flashes, sometimes it's off too. Wireless light is on, but WIFI not working. Phone line works. Run checks in service centre, but it only says oops there is technical issue and unable to help at this moment. What is going on and why is this happening so often?D I need a new modem, or are there some problems within TalkTalk at the moment. My modem is D-link DSL3782

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Maskohel,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'm glad to hear that the connection is now working ok.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

Thank you. I have tried to run the test in Service Centre. My internet has suddenly come on. Thank you for your help

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Maskohel ,

Presumably your 'broadband' light is solid green, if so then that indicates your router is physically connected ok, so there is not likely to be an issue with your cables. A red 'internet' light means that although your router is physically connected fine, it can't log in to the TalkTalk network.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line or in your local area. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk staff on this forum will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.