FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working again

sharky110
Whizz Kid
Message 129 of 129

My internet is playing up again keep losing connection whilst on my xbox also while using BBC I player also losing connection  on my phone I am fed up with this now been happening  a lot recently can somebody  help please  

Kieran
0 Likes
128 REPLIES 128

Message 41 of 129

Hi sharky110,

I've checked various systems at our end - Authentication logs are showing no reconnections, there are no retrains showing for the last 5 days and I've also checked for errors and unavailable seconds directly on the Openreach website - errored seconds are very low and there are no unavailable seconds showing for at least the last 4 days

Could you please call 17070 from your landline and confirm that the number read back to you is your TalkTalk landline telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk how when you have tested it and no fault my router is sagem hub it's supposed to be for fast fibre my router light was red most of yesterday all my wifi booster were losing connection my wired speed  was terrible as opposed to what I am paying surely if my router connection  is  going off you should be able to pick it up 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 43 of 129

Hi sharky110,

Sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable for almost 5 days. How often is it dropping? Which router are you currently using?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk my internet  keeps  disconnecting  the router light is red can you tell me what is going on with internet connection 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 45 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk just done a wired speed test  ping 63 download 12.6 mpvs upload 3.6 

Kieran
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 46 of 129

Hi sharky110,

Is it possible to run a wired speed test to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 47 of 129

@Chris-TalkTalk  wireless 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 48 of 129

Thanks, was that wired or wireless?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 49 of 129

@Chris-TalkTalk  just done a test talk talk download speed 19.5 upload 7.1 ping 19  time 14.15 pm 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 50 of 129

Hi sharky110,

Sync speed is currently 38.3Mbps, what are your speed like this morning?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 51 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalkjust done another speed test im only getting 11.6 download speed whats going on 

Kieran
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 52 of 129
0 Likes

Message 53 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk yes I will do 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 54 of 129

Hi sharky110,

Ok thanks again for confirming and please let us know how the wireless speeds compare over the weekend.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 55 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk hi yes it is mainly the wireless  speeds I have separated the wireless  to 5g and 2g I will do more regular speed test and keep  an eye on it and see how it goes it would be easier  if I could set it do regular random speed tests 

Kieran
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 56 of 129

Hi sharky110,

I've re-read back through your thread and I can see that you've already tried 2 different routers. Is it mainly the wireless speeds which are varying? If it is then have you also previously tried separating the SSID's?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 57 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk no the connection has been slow at varying times of the day 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 58 of 129

Hi sharky110,

Ok thanks for confirming. Up until yesterday the sync speed did look very consistent. Would you say that the connection has been ok prior to yesterday or has it still been slow?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 59 of 129

@Michelle-TalkTalk  no I haven't  rebooted the router it just seems to drop and go back most of the time 

Kieran
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 60 of 129

Hi sharky110,

I can see that the sync speed did drop yesterday. Did you reboot the router at all to increase the speed again? The upload sync speed looks good, is this a wired speed test or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes