FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working properly since yesterday even worse today

dazza5152
Chat Champion
Message 41 of 41

Please help - why has my internet and email been awful for the past 2 days the old fashioned dial up connection worked better - what is going on it is causing me major problems thanks

and you just asked me to sign up for another 24 months!!! hardly a good selling point is it? it is also stopping my vpn connecting correctly as so slow and even to post this is taking 15 minutes or more!!!

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

Will do @ferguson - thanks for the help

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 41

@dazza5152 Try 0345 172 5157.  😉

Message 3 of 41

Thanks again @martswain 

I did look for the chat on My Account but it isnt working for whatever reason, at the moment the only offers with an accept button in My Account is the Fibre 65 and Line Rental and another for Call Boost - I am seeking Fibre 150 and Line Rental but there is no button to order this - it just quotes me an offer price but no way to order it?

I will try that phone number tomorrow - thanks for that - I was looking for a phone number but it is well hidden by talktalk 🙂

cheers

dazza

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 41

@dazza5152 , staff here cannot process renewals or upgrades, you either need to do it via your online account in "offers and upgrades", calling the loyalty team on 0345 172 0046 or via Live Chat.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

I believe the reason is that staff here cannot take you through the blurb regarding you minimum speed and contract conditions, whereas online agents can or you can accept when upgrading your service online via My Account.

Message 5 of 41

Many thanks @martswain 

Noted - there is no mention of future fibre but I seem to have hit an ordering obstacle for the Fiber 150 and Line Rental which hopefully talktalk can remedy

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

Message 6 of 41

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Can you help again please? I just reread my talktalk broadband update email and all it is offering me is a Fibre 65 and Line Rental contract for another 24 months not the Fiber 150 and Line Rental which is listed on my account but no way of ordering it - how can I order the Fiber 150 and Line Rental please?

many thanks

dazza

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 41

@dazza5152 as long as there is no mention of FUTURE FIBRE, you keep your landline.

Message 8 of 41

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Thanks Chris, my current deal and end date is "Now that you’re coming towards the end of your Superfast Fibre and Line Rental contract on 28 November 2021,"

The offer is : "

£ for 24 month minimum term contract. Fibre 150 broadband plan offers average speeds of 145Mb/s.

Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of our customers based at peak times (8-10pm). Speeds will vary depending on a number of factors. Your predicted speeds, including minimum guaranteed speed, will be given at point of sale.

Fibre 150 will require installation by an Openreach engineer. An appointment date and arrival time slot will be agreed when you place your order, this can be changed up to 48 hours prior to the appointment date. The installation typically takes 1-2 hours. If the appointment is missed due to the engineer being unable to get access to your property you may be charged."

Does this include the landline number I need to keep please - I think it does but I am only guessing - if someone can confirm this includes the landline number too that would be good - I dont want to order the wrong thing if I proceed?

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

Message 9 of 41

If you are just upgrading to G.Fast then you will keep the same landline number

It would usually be up and running within a couple of weeks but this does depend on availability of engineers in your area

Chris

Message 10 of 41

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Many thanks for the update - the wired connections modem / router / telephone socket are my preference so great.

I have no problems not having a service for a couple of hours, I would only worry if it was a couple of days or more.

As I say I have a few weeks left on current contract, but say if I ordered fibre 150 via modem as offered to me today how soon could it be running in my home please? Also it doesnt actually say I would keep my landline number - can it be confirmed I will keep my landline number too please?

Thanks again

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

Message 11 of 41

Hi Dazza,

When you switch over to Fibre 150 you would be without service for a short time but everything should be up and running again within a couple of hours.

You would have a TalkTalk wifi hub connected by Ethernet cable to an Openreach modem. The Openreach modem connects to the telephone socket

Chris

Message 12 of 41

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Many thanks - can you briefly explain the process if I proceed with the offer on my account for fibre 150 that keeps my landline number - I must keep the landline number for various reasons.

Basically if I ordered this how long would it take for the talktalk open reach engineer take to come round and do the installation work - my current contract ends in a couple of weeks and would not want to be without broadband at any time is this doable?

I notice the fibre 150 offer that includes the landline has a modem too - is this a wire connection between the talktalk modem and router / hub - I would prefer a wire connection if possible as more secure?

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

Many thanks @Gliwmaeden2  much appreciated

cheers

dazza

Message 14 of 41

Hello,

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 41

@dazza5152, when you have time, follow @KeithFrench's instructions in #23 & #25.

You need to type into your browser as instructed for your router on this help page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Check-your-sync-speed/ta-p/2205409

The label in question with the router password on it is stuck firmly to the router, behind the card that has your wi-fi network and password. Slide the card out of the way from the back of the router at the top to reveal the router password etc.

As with so much important small print these days, you might need to use a magnifying glass..... !

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 16 of 41

Hi @martswain 

Many thanks for your help and my apologies the delay responding - my Dad is very ill so Dad takes priority for me.

Great post lots of information really helpful to me, as you know I have the wifi hub Debbie kindly sent me which so far isnt performing how I hoped but in parralel to this I am considering my options on the fibre maybe an upgrade is due? Another reason for the delay is I have problems logging into my talktalk account sometimes but just logged in to double check the offers and I notice they have an offer for me on the Fibre 150 with the landline phone I currently have rather than the data only which is no good to me so I am considering this but I am concerned about the current slowness of the wifi hub just arrived and will the new wifi hub work with fibre 150 with the phone number I must keep the landline number?

Also thanks for the link to the BT Broadband Availability checker - real useful tool - some extracts of my result below:

VDSL Ranges A and B available

FTTP on demand available

some other items plus:

Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 41

Please can you confirm from my previous post as the speeds that you mention seem to be from speed tests:-

Please can you log onto this router (admin password on the same label) and tell me what speeds it currently shows in the initial dashboard area of the UI?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 41

Hi @KeithFrench 

Many thanks for the help it really is appreicated - and apologies my slow responses but my Dad is really ill so obviously Dad takes priority.

I am very keen to get this resolved as I have also been asked to renew by talktalk for a 65 package but this is concerning ref speeds.

The wifi hub I have is a Huawei - looks a nice bit of kit but sadly so far performing worse than the super router it replaced?

Current speeds from the wifi hub itself over a wifi connection is:

Download 46.27 mbps

Upload 18.24 mbps

Before the Huawei I was getting 56 mbps or more again over wifi and the positioning of the Huawei and former super router are exactly the same?

Also I run a few other simple speed tests before changing:

From a laptop via the talktalk speed test app I was getting 22.8 mbps download and 16.8 mbps upload @ 21:44 last night

I swapped out to the new Huawei with everything in the exact same position via a laptop and the talktalk speed test app and this speed had dropped dramtically in the space of 9 minutes to:

Download 5.3mbps and upload 0.8mbps @ 21:53 last night

The Huawei did pick up a little bit later but no where near where it should be.

Also say downloading via taskmaster via the old super router I was getting 15 to 50 mbps download depending on time of day but almost always high 20s or more but with the Huawei only about 10 to 15 mbps surging to about 20 for brief periods - this almost correlates with losing the speed switching to the Huawei from the super router?

What can be done to improve the Huawei  speeds pls also if talktalk need to run a test would prefer they do not reset the wifi hub as I believe there might be a local hacker to my area.

@Debbie-TalkTalk

Many thanks for the wifi hub - appreciated - just hoping it can be made faster as at the moment it is slower than the super router I had.

Cheers,

dazza

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 19 of 41

Hi @dazza5152 

@Gliwmaeden2  has asked me to help you.

I have just been reading through the posts on here. It seems that you now have a WiFi Hub, but which one - Sagemcom or Huawei (look at the label on the rear of the router, behind the pull up plastic panel?

Please can you log onto this router (admin password on the same label) and tell me what speeds it currently shows in the initial dashboard area of the UI?

Are the slow speed tests measured on a Wi-Fi or wired (ethernet connection, or even both.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 20 of 41

many thanks @Gliwmaeden2 

have a good weekend

cheers

dazza