FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet problems after upgrade to fibre 65

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 47 of 47

Upgraded from fibre to fibre 65 two days ago...yesterday lost internet on all wired and non wired devices....came back on intermittently to wired devices but speeds of under 5mbps....wifi devices are connecting/disconnecting...no internet msg and authentication error msg on wifi devices...ran connection test...initially said there was a fault...then got a txt saying no fault but check set up in home...setup hasnt changed in the 2 years I've had talktalk...only change has been to upgrade to fibre 65 two days ago and its now a nightmare...any help appreciated....

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47

Hi StuartE,

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, the information is only visit to TalkTalk staff

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 47

@StuartE, it's only visible to staff and yourself. 

To start a new thread you need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 47
Hi Chris,

Thanks for quick reply.
OK, I'll update "community profile" with phone numbers etc., is this data private or visible to all users?

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Evans
0 Likes

Message 4 of 47

Hi StuartE,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 47

I've also just "upgraded" to Fibre 65 after being convinced to stay with TalkTalk. Beginning to regret it already since the absolute best speed I've seen is 44Mb and I've had some dropping out which is making work from home very difficult. Should have stuck to my guns and tried Plusnet.

Stuart Evans
0 Likes

Message 6 of 47

Hi Skidtyme,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 47

Hi Skidtyme,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 47

Hi Skidtyme,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Please note: 

The engineer will complete as much testing on the line outside before attending at the property. All work will be attempted externally.

If work is required inside the property the engineers will only attempt access for a short period. The engineer will only enter the property if they feel it's safe to do so.

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 47

Sooner the better @Michelle-TalkTalk@Chris-TalkTalk 

Thats it off again...1820hrs aaaargh....and the youview box has started playing up aswell....take it thats a new topic

0 Likes

Message 10 of 47

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ...

Happy for an engineer to visit.. last time they confirmed home setup was good ,fitted new master socket and removed a faulty extension cable.nothings changed since then... I've had a look at external cables...and although they must be pretty old, there is no obvious signs of damage..internet works probably 80-85% of the time and there is no pattern to when or how long speed drops for...can be anything from a few mins to few hours..at random times...and if one or more than one device connected...let me know if engineer coming..cheers

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 47

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see that the sync speed started to increase yesterday, however I can see re-connections on the line. If the connection is still unstable at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 47

Follow up to last post...internet was off for about 20 min....didn't touch anything....and it came back on...back up to around 40mbps....white light on router has stayed soild the whole time

0 Likes

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 47

Hi ....internet been slow again for about 50 min....now no internet at all...using mobile to post this...still white solid light on router....no internet to any devices tho...wired or wireless..

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Hi, yeah. I've left it connected into test socket

0 Likes

Message 15 of 47

Hi Skidtyme,

Thanks for the information. Is your router still connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 47

Hi Chris,

generally its been ok....but  the speed still regularly drops for no apparent reason.

this morning it is down to 2.5 mbps, was the same yesterday morning for about an hour.

when I run a test, it always says there may be a problem....so testing line, then always comes back saying line ok you need to check home set up.

The setup in my home hasn't changed since  I joined talk talk over 2 years ago.

I had a problem a long while ago which required an engineer visit, who confirmed setup was  all good...he then discovered the problem at that time was coming from a phone extension the previous occupier had installed, so he removed it.

That's the speed back up now to around 40mbps after being slow for around an hour from just before 9.

I've not done anything to router or setup in last hour, only ran a few speed tests and hid from my wife who is trying to work online from home but struggling due to slow internet.

There has to be some external reason why this keeps happening.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 47

Hi Skidtyme,

I can see the connection was unstable at the weekend but appears to have been OK since, how has it been at your end since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 47
Thanks @Gliwmaeden2.... I'm not goin anywhere near it for the time being as its kinda working...tho not fully...👍😫

Message 19 of 47

@Skidtyme, don't keep turning off the router as it will confuse readings and be read as disconnecting etc. 

Better to leave whatever is plugged in now to try to stabilise until you hear further from staff.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 47
I've tried new ethernet cables....same thing....not tried to re-connect old router....at the moment... with old router...I've got wifi....and internet to one wired device....if i connect another...i lose internet....so means have to choose between sons pc working..or talk talk tv...as both wont work at same time...but work individually...so cables ok..... I'll leave it at that just now...as if it stays like this....son and wife will be able to at least work online tmorro.... I'll go for a lie down and continue the struggle another day...aaargh🤣....still not totally resolved but but kinda working...thanks for your help...no doubt I'll be back on,once I've regained the will to try solve this