FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet randomly dropping off throught the day

Melba247365
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Over the last 10 days or so I've had to reboot my router a few times, the BT engineer came out last Thursday to fix a fault on the line and yet again this morning my Internet dropped out, ran through all the tests and fixes and rebooted my router (20 mins) and its been ok but I can't keep rebooting my router as I work from home and the Internet dropping out on and off throughout the day is not acceptable - any advice would be appreciated 

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Melba247365

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 12

Yes please Debbie, it's driving me mad at the moment lol

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Melba247365

Would you like me to send a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Internet dropped out twice yesterday, just enough for my laptop to tell me its reconnecting.

WiFi is giving me grief at the moment, the signal is dropping to between 0 and 3 - not good when I'm on a Teams call and they can't hear me 

The router is located on a  cupboard by a window right next to the BT box with no other devices close by (had an email to suggest I move my router but its in the best place)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 2 re-connections on the line in the last 6 days. Would you say that the connection has been dropping more often than this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Sorry, I typed in a wrong digit, all correct now

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

Ok, so you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub, this router does have a known issue that sounds very similar to the symptoms you describe.

Basically the LED will remain solid white, but devices will just not be able to connect to the internet. Do you have any device connect wired, as if you did, and this also had issues, then this would prove it was not a Wi-Fi interference problem.

If you are suffering from this known issue then TalkTalk are currently working on a new version of the firmware for this router, and it should be released within days / weeks, this will resolve this known issue.

In the meantime, if this was causing you serious problems, then if you are comfortable with logging into the router and changing some settings then I could give you details of something you could do that might work around the issue and stop it from causing this problem. If you would rather not do this then the staff here will be able to offer further help, they may be able to provide a replacement router of a different type for you.

Melba247365
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

The engineer came out last Thursday and said he'd moved made the cable from the telegraph pole and put it straight into the green box

0 Likes

Melba247365
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Thank you, first timer, profile updated.

It's a black mesh fronted box with orange behind it,

The light stays white. I'll be working,ING away on my work laptop and my VPN connection drops out, the last few times, last Wednesday and today, my tablet and phones say WiFi but no Internet, my laptop shows full WiFi but it won't connect until I've rebooted the router

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Melba247365,

What make / model of router do you have ?

Why are you having to reboot it, what exact problem are you having with it. What do the light(s) do on the router when you have the problem. Does it affect both wired and wireless devices.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.