FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet still down

ChipUK
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Hi

I had a live chat about my Internet being down yesterday. Was told there is a fault. Landlines is working ok but no Internet. Got a text from TT this morning saying an Engineer has done repair work on the line but still Internet is down. I have disconnected the router and plugged back in after 30 mins but still nothing.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

ChipUK
Team Player
Message 2 of 11

Managed to get live chat working on my phone. After several checks (all done previously) the TT rep. has booked an Engineer. Still convinced the problem is elsewhere given the phone is working. I was even told I had connected the router incorrectly which it is impossible to do as the phone and dsl sockets are not the same shape. I despair.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

@ChipUK wrote:

Karl. New router arrived today and surprise surprise the Internet is still down. As I mentioned, the phone line is working and I can receive and make calls so the line is not the issue nor is the router  given the same results with all new equipment. The fault is obviously somewhere else. We ate becoming increasingly frustrated at TT because we can't speak to anyone.

Why can't you speak to someone at TalkTalk if the phone is working?

You can contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our update on Coronavirus - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours)

0 Likes

ChipUK
Team Player
Message 4 of 11

Karl. New router arrived today and surprise surprise the Internet is still down. As I mentioned, the phone line is working and I can receive and make calls so the line is not the issue nor is the router  given the same results with all new equipment. The fault is obviously somewhere else. We ate becoming increasingly frustrated at TT because we can't speak to anyone.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

Thunderstorms can damage a line and certainly will damage a router if there are any lightning strikes near the lines.  This is quite common, so there is a greater possibility that the router has failed.

As the line tests themselves are showing clear, then this is the most obvious cause of the fault, but if not, then we can book out an engineer asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 11

@ChipUK  you need to register in your online account if you are a vulnerable customer.

0 Likes

ChipUK
Team Player
Message 7 of 11

Karl. Appreciate that. I turned router on and of yesterday and itvworked forca while before service went off so unsure if its router related. We had bad thunderstorms here yesterday and I wonder if it's related to that. We are classed as vulnerable customers due to my wifes disability so I would expect  we are prioritised?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

I've a new router on the way to see if it is the router that is failing.  If not, then we can look at an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ChipUK
Team Player
Message 9 of 11

Unfortunately I don't have a spare or else I would gave tried that. What would help if TT had a number where I could speak to someone as the live chat isn't working for me.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi

Have you tried another router to see if it is the router that has failed ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes