FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet (wired & WiFi) stops working in evenings

MacKS
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

I have raised a query with your online chat twice over the past three months and it has failed to resolve the problem so far. I was told on 9th March that the service would be fixed or we could leave penalty free. However, I have since logged onto my account at the "ticket" that was raised at the time seems to have disappeared and it seems that TalkTalk believe the problem solved. Unfortunately, we have seen no improvement in the service.

From about 6pm-9:30pm we regularly get download speeds of less than 2Mbps (our guaranteed minimum is 6). We have carried out these speed tests on wired devices, direct from the router so it cannot be the wifi coverage itself. 

When we reset the router, the speed often jumps back up to 10-15Mbps, so I'm confused as to whether it is a problem with the line or the router itself.

Could you please confirm the status of the service "ticket" as if the problem is not resolved by 9th April we will be starting the process of leaving TalkTalk.

Thanks ever so much for you time.

S.

Attached are two screenshots (before and after a router reset) The TV is not connected to Wifi, but wired with an ethernet cable to the router.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 17

Hi,

When would be the best time to make contact and I will pass this over to our Tech Complaints Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've contacted our Tech Complaints Team now to advise and request that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17
Hi Michelle,
It has been nearly two weeks since the complaint was raised, and over 7 weeks since the problem was reported to yourselves and we have still received no contact from your customer service department. This is completely unacceptable and I'd like this escalated to a manager as soon as possible. If this is not possible then I require a deadlock letter ASAP so that I can raise the complaint with CISAS.

Regards,

MacKS
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hello,

I've raised a complaint now and passed this over and asked if you can be contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17
Hi Michelle,

Yes please, if you could raise the complaint and get them to contact me.

Regards

MacKS
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 17

Hi MacKS,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like me to raise this as complaint to our Tech Complaints Team and request for someone to contact you directly to discuss this further?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17
Hi Chris,
You have already sent an engineer out and it clearly hasn’t fixed the problem. We have given you much more than the minimum 30 days stipulated in the rules set down by the ombudsman.
We wish to leave the contract, could you please inform us how we go about this? Failing this, we will have to take the matter to Offcom.
Please escalate to your management if required as we are unhappy with the broadband service we have been provided with.

Kind regards

MacKS
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi MacKS,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit then you would need to confirm that you accept potential engineer charges, full details are here -  Engineers charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17
Hi Michelle,

Yes, so long as the engineer is at no cost to ourselves. Thanks

MackS
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line and the sync speed looks like it is varying. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with an alternative router then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks for the new router. I have installed it with the new micro-filter provided and have left it for the past 48 hours to see if there was any improvement.

Unfortunately, we still have the same problem. Every evening the download speed drops to an unusable speed (below the 6Mbps guaranteed) and the upload rarely gets above the guaranteed speed of 1Mbps at any time of day.

I have attached screenshots of a speed test from an ethernet wired TV.

Could you provide me with the next steps as I have given TalkTalk 30 days to resolve this situation and if a solution cannot be found I will have to leave the contract under the ombudsman rules surrounding guaranteed speed. Could you provide me with an email address which I can contact in order to escalate the issue or deal with terminating the contract?

Kind regards

MackS

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi MacKS

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 17
Hi,

Yes that would be appreciated, and hopefully will solve the problem.

Kind regards,

S.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 17

Hi MacKS,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. If the speed always increases again after a router reboot then this would indicate a possible router fault. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Message 15 of 17
Hi,

That information has been updated. Looking forward to hearing from you

S

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @MacKS,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.