FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

cheesedoff4
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Internet  coverage in stone built house

Ian, retired hospital worker, general IT uses
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi cheesedoff4

Are you experiencing an issue with the WIFI coverage?

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@bigkenny I totally agree with your analysis and conclusions.  Because I'm currently using my phone my typing is slow and our first two posts overlapped so I was unable to take into account your reply as it didn't exist when I started mine.  The reason I went into some detail about the wiring is that the original post was tagged "Power Line Adapters" so I assumed that was the OP's main concern.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7
yes i know just did not put in the fact depends on electric cable just wanted to keep it short if you can go for the cat cable route, its best. But I know more work involved but a outside run of cable is not that bad when you get into it, as long as got decent drill
0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 4 of 7

The structure of the building should have no impact on the performance of Power Line Adapters as they operate over the building's mains wiring.  Their performance can be impacted by the quality/type of wiring.

WiFi performance on the other hand can be seriously impacted by a building's structure.  In the case of a stone building the degree of impact will depend on factors such as the thickness and type of stone.

0 Likes

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 5 of 7
if like mine its say Welsh stone then your going to struggle. You have a couple of options. You can try power plugs to get the wifi round the house but can be hit and miss for good quality signal or you can say run a cat5e cable (or better) to another say spare router in your house and extend the wifi that way. I have/use both ways and run an extra 2 routers used as wif extender around my house. It works good and get all round house coverage
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @cheesedoff4,

Can you give us more details on what you need help with, are you having an issue with Wi-Fi range / strength in your house ?