FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipaddress reservation

hallergard1
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

My SKY contract is soon up and I am considering migrating to Fiber 65.  Believe it comes with Huewei DG8041W hub?  Read a review stating that it could not reserve ipaddresses.  Has there been a firmware update adding this capability?  What about the Sagemcom hub?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

f all you want to do is apply DHCP IP address reservation, why not stick with what you have? It works well. Assuming that you have the DG8041W login to it & go to:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > Advanced Configuration > LAN Configuration > DHCP Static IP Configuration

This displays the current list of static IP addresses. To add new one, click the Add button & enter the MAC address to be reserved.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

hallergard1
Team Player
Message 2 of 8

Thanks, understood.  Any suggestion?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 3 of 8

Also, you can use your own third party router if you prefer, so I don't think you should let the model of router that an ISP supplies affect your choice of provider.

0 Likes

hallergard1
Team Player
Message 4 of 8

Thank you!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

So can the Sagemcom, but not the initial firmware. V2816 or later is fine.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

hallergard1
Team Player
Message 6 of 8

Thank you  very much for the info!

0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 8

The Huawei DG8041W can reserve IP addresses - the review you read is incorrect.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes