FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fibre 65 better than faster fibre or a con?

Deepee
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Went live with ‘upgrade’ last Friday - speeds have dropped not increased albeit just about on guaranteed minimum (according to TT my account but not on independent speed check app) far from forecast speed. No other changes made, same latest router but both download and upload speeds are disappointing. Albeit marginal drop in speed can be seen on TT my account tracker graph and an independent speed check history. I understood this to be a better package - have I been conned?

DP
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Deepee,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has been varying. Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 2 of 4
When you upradge the provider in this case Talktalk usually give you a estimate of what they think your line can achieve and what your minimum speed is before you can leave pentaly free.

Service centre usually has this information. Sometimes you need to power down your hub for 30mins to achieve the new speed but as Martin said sometimes you will not see much change depending on the length and quality of your line.

You can check on the following site what speeds are predicted for your line. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

If you just moved from Fibre 35 to 65, then all that happens is the artificial cap of 40/10 is removed and replaced by 80/20

As speeds are determined mainly by the length of your line to the cabinet the speeds may not change a lot.