FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with TalkTalk - Accessing some websites via VPN using Ubuntu 16.04

dammysky
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Dear Team,

I am having this issue with TalkTalk WiFi service.

When I connect my Mac Laptop to the TalkTalk network via my Office VPN it works perfectly well. I can access all the websites I want to.

My challenge for over a year is this; On my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop, whenever I connect to my office VPN using the TalkTalkNetwork, I cannot access some sites e.g. https://www.reddit.com, https://github.com what I get  is my browser saying This site can't provide a secure connection  ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, for some other sites e.g. https://bit.ly the browser returns ERROR ACCESSING SITES, Request Denied, Your client address is unknown. On other networks aside TalkTalk, I can access all sites I want to via my office VPN on my Ubuntu 16.04 OS.  This has been a very big challenge for me and I have not been able to resolve it. Is there an issue with connecting through a VPN on the TalkTalk network with an Ubuntu 16.04 OS?

Please, I really need your assistance urgently. It will save me from a lot of stress I am currently facing.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I have attached screenshots of what the browser returns when I try to access those sites I mentioned earlier.

Screenshot from 2019-06-13 01-50-55.pngScreenshot from 2019-06-13 01-51-12.png

dibosiola
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi dammysky

Thanks for the Private Message.

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi dammysky

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the DSL3782 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Thank you very much.

Like I previously stated, I can open any website from my Macbook when I am connected to the VPN. The only challenge is opening some websites on Ubuntu 16.04 OS when connected through the VPN, without the VPN the websites open on the Ubuntu OS. So, I am not really sure if changing the router will make any difference. But if replacing the router is without a fee, then I am fine for you to send it to me.

dibosiola
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi dammysky

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this? I can send another HG633 or a DSL3782 router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

HI OCE_Chris,

I have done that.

Dami.

dibosiola
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi dammysky,

Could you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community Profile - we need this to locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi OCE_Michelle ,

I am using the Huawei HG633, Hardware version H.1.01.

I have also updated my contact info.

Thanks a lot

dibosiola
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi dammysky,

Just to confirm, which router are you using? (make and model)

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes