FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with connection via work VPN last 6 months

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20
Hi For the past 6 months my work PC has started to have intermittent connection during the day through my work VPN and Talk Talk Router. My work IT team has mentioned that the Cisco Anyconnect VPN is not compatible with Talk Talk. I've switched off all the Homesafe settings but this has not helped. The PC Laptop works via VPN through none Talk Talk routers & there is no issues with other devises using the internet in my household. I think its the compatibility with the Sagemcom router. I had a similar issue over 2 years ago that was resolved by Talk Talk sending me a new Router. Can someone offer any advise or help?
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Morning,

How are you getting on? Is everything now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

No Problem.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 20

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi

would not hurt to try. I'll get one out to you.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 20

I'm wireless, there it's still ongoing connection dropping out on my work laptop though the vpn. The other house hold devices are fine. Maybe I need a new router? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked again and I can see that your router does have the correct FW version for the issue with VPN.

Do you connect wired? Does the issue happen wired and wireless?

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 20

It's job the connection via the vpn to my laptop. All over devices work fine with no drop in connection. 

Message 8 of 20

Hi

Is it just the VPN connection dropping now or the connection as a whole?

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 20

Just monitored past two days, it still periodically disconnects/ reconnects a few times during the working day. I feel that the connection could be more stable as it was throughout 2021.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Morning,

How are you getting on? Is the VPN connection now working ok?

Thanks 🙂

Message 11 of 20

OK, I've started the upgrade process, it should complete within 20 minutes, please don't switch your router off

Chris

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 20

Yes that's fine, please proceed

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

No problem, is it OK to update it now, it can take up to 20 minutes for the update to complete?

Chris

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 20

Yes can we try a different firmware version, thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

OK thanks. We can try a different firmware version, would you like to give this a try?

Chris

0 Likes

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 20

No I just get a message on my pc everytime it "reconnects" only. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

OK thanks. Do you get an error message when the VPN disconnects?

Chris

Launchyourself
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 20

It only works on someone else's line. My line is currently intermittent via my work VPN. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi Launchyouself,

Just to confirm, when you say that the VPN works through non-TalkTalk routers, is this non-TalkTalk routers connected to your line or to someone else's?

Chris

0 Likes