FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with d-link router

davidjl1985
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've recently moved to a new house and decided to upgrade from 'Super Fast' broadband to Fibre 65. I'm still using my old router (d-link dsl-3782) and the signal is terrible. If I move more than 3 metres away from the router the signal drops from 4 bars (which is the max) to 1 bar. I've used a WiFi Analyser to see if there's any interference and this doesn't seem to be the issue. Other networks that are close by are using different channels with no overlap. However, the Wifi analyser says that I'm 50m away, when I'm actually only 6-10m away. I seem to get a better signal from my neighbours’ routers (that are over the road) than my router which is in the next room.

Anyway, I noticed that the WiFi Hub Black comes as standard with Fibre 65. Should I request an upgrade? Does anyone know if the WiFi Hub Black offers improved coverage?

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi davidjl1985

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

davidjl1985
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

That would be great. Thanks Karl!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I'll get a new router out to you and see if this helps with the wifi issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes