FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with fibre 65

Phil72
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

So on the day of installation the engineer ran a test and told me I was getting 40 Mbps to the router and to this day I've not seen my service reach that speed.

What we have achieved is lag, drop outs, buffering including pages not loading. 

Sign into my account and it flags up latency issues with my samsung S20 + and now the latest one is showing issues with my speed which by the way keeps reducing everytime I disconnect the router for half an hour to restart a new session at the cabinet.

Not impressed with Talktalk fibre 65

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Phil72

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Phil72
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 12

Yes if you would send me out a router to test that would be helpful.  Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Phil,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Phil72
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 12

Good Morning 

No I haven't tried different router, just the original one sent out to me.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Phil,

Thanks for confirming. Have you ever tested with a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Phil72
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 12

The router is already connected to the test socket and the predicted speed is 36.8 which I was getting and has now dropped to 34.4 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 12

Hi Phil,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does the main socket have a test socket? Were you provided with a predicted speed range for the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Phil72
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

So after unplugging the router for 30mins the I'm only getting 34 mbps at the router was at 36 originally with issues. 

A speed test comes back at 32 on a wireless & wired connection. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

Have you turned the router off for at least 30 minutes. Then tell me what the sync speed as measured by your router after that. From there I can probably help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Phil72,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes