FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with power line adaptor

Nigella
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi, I have had two (I believe they are called) powerline adaptors plugged in to my electrical circuit to help with my internet connection from the router to my tv. I have one Ethernet cable running from the wifi box to 1 powerline adaptor that is plugged in to my electrical circuit and another Ethernet cable plugged into the back of my YouView box and into the 2nd powerline adaptor which is again plugged in to my electrical circuit. Both powerline adaptors are about 10ft from each other but both on the same circuit. I have had this set up for about 10 years now with no real problem. Each adaptor has 3 lights, one for power which is permanently green (on the far left of the adaptor). The light on the far right of the adaptor flashes green and always has, so I assume is fine. The light in the middle always used to flash green too, but now either flashes red or is perfectly red. As a result I now have major issues watching anything on catch up or Netflix etc on my tv. Even normal channels sometimes buffer. I have tried resetting the adaptors but nothing changes. I have put both adaptors next to each other in an electrical socket but without Ethernet cables, and they seem to connect to each other as both lights go green. Can you help please as it is driving us nuts watching tv and it buffering all the time or saying no internet connection. I am on the fibre 65 (or whatever it is called) contract and am not having internet issues elsewhere in the house. Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

RoyCruse
Team Player
Message 1 of 11

wow - what great support - i only wish i had the same experience with my issues 😞

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those that understand binary and those that don't...
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Nigella
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 11

Brilliant thank you. Nigel

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi

I've got your details and the adapters should be with you in 24-48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Nigella
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 11

Ah that’s brilliant thank you. I guess you have access to my address and personal details? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Nigella

I'll get a replacement set of powerline adapters out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

Again it depends where in TT you got them from. I will ask them to advise you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi, The adaptors were originally purchased from talk talk. If I disconnect them and place them next to each other in a double socket, is it the on/off switch on the side of each adaptor that helps them to reduce-pair? Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

There is no need to reboot the router. The powerline line light flashing red shows a slow transfer speed between the two units & when it is steady red, means that one unit cannot detect the other. Some of these units pair automatically, but if not try re-pairing them as suggested by @paulshent. I doubt if it is an issue with your electrical wiring as they are so close to each other & on the same circuit, one unit is possibly breaking down.

If these are TalkTalk supplied powerlines (you do not state a make/model) then you may be able to get them replaced, a lot depends on where you actually got them from. The TalkTalk support staff are back tomorrow Tuesday, in the meantime, I will escalate this for their attention on their return.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

paulshent
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi.   I use plugs like you.   2 things to try

1) Power cycle your router.    Then if that fails. (2)  Try to re-pair the adapters.     Otherwise the OCE support should be back on Monday

Also please ensure that your profile contains your full name and telephone number to allow support locate your account.

0 Likes