FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOKE COMPANY

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 46 of 46

This is the worst company ever. Lied to me, upped my bill without telling me, engineer never even turned up and if you ring them they all pretend its a bad line and they cant hear you. Im leaving this shower and going to sky !

45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Hi,

Please do not remove any Openreach sockets/equipment yourself. I can raise this as a complaint and request for the complaints team to contact you directly. Can I just confirm, you did not request a FTTP/Future Fibre upgrade and an engineer turned up anyway and tried to install the equipment? You currently have an active FTTC service but the engineer left the ONT box, is that correct?

I'm just trying to ensure that we have all the right information to add to the complaint.

Thanks

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 2 of 46

Are you actually reading my messages ? i have not upgraded. Ill cut the box off myself as it seems to much for an engineer to do

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 3 of 46

its the white box with openreach on it. Its unplugged inside as I DONT WANT FFB.....DONT WANT IT.....NEVER ASKED FOR IT.  I....AM....HAPPY....WITH ....WHAT .....I .....HAVE.   That seems to be something nobody can understand.  

Message 4 of 46

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do you currently have an active service at the moment? Is it the ONT box which has not been attached properly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 5 of 46

UPDATE on this shambles company. Now they are ringing me constantly to upgrade to FFB. I told them the person who came round and put an Openreach box on my wall didn't even fix it to the wall properly an its hanging. They arranged for someone to come round on Sunday afternoon to put it right...........and guess what everyone ......  they never turned up. This has to be the worst run company and are even worse than a certain internet auction site and that is poor.

Message 6 of 46

Hi Bighammerfan

I apologise for all the hassle you have had regarding this recent upgrade issue, and we are working via our Manager to relay this back to the teams involved.

I'm glad the connection has been restored for you and you are back online.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 7 of 46

Hi NIC. Thats about correct yes. I do have it now as he came back and put everything back as it was.  This is the downside to a self employed engineer....he'll do things to get paid, not whats needs doing

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 46

Have you still not got this sorted? I agree that phone and live chat are not good for getting Talktalk support (only for getting sold products..).

This forum is the best place and after the forum, the next step is the ceo's office where they have a dedicated group of complaint handlers who can manage complex issues.

It sounds to me like:

1 - you thought you were getting a free fttp upgrade but it was 40 a month

2 - you decided you don't want free not free fttp upgrade and stay at fttc 65

3- the engineer has been and changed things anyway though you didn't want it. Has fitted a new white box

4- Karl says you still have fttc65. running Internet as he can still see the router, so it's unclear what changes the engineer made

Do you have Internet still from your old router? If so did the engineer say why he was adding white box and suggesting you need Eero if you don't want fibre to your house?

What is it that still needs fixing for you?

I feel so bad for the run around you've had with all this

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 9 of 46

I called the man back to sort it. He fitted a white box knowing full well we didnt need it. It took me over an hour on the phone to your company to sort this. I actually realised you have an automated phone service were the "person" on the other end pretends they cant hear you ! Ive come across this plenty of times while trying to contact your company. ingenious if you want to get rid of customers with problems but extremely garbage behaviour from a telecommunications company

Message 10 of 46

Hi Bighammerfan

Eero devices are currently only supplied to Future fibre customers. As you have remained on fibre 65 then an Eero device would not be sent.

When you say you have no wifi, are you able to connect wired ?

Looking at your connection, I can see 10 devices connected to the router currently.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 11 of 46

Im now being told I need  a eero box ! Meanwhile im left with now wifi. How do i get one ? Please dont ask me to ring Talktalk as nobody answers

Message 12 of 46

Hello,

Future Fibre requires new equipment to be installed which would require drilling. I'd recommend contacting the Future Fibre Team directly about this via Live Chat.

Thanks

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 13 of 46

Yes but i agreed we would stay as we were and i dont want holes in my wall

Message 14 of 46

Hello,

Just to confirm, is this for a future fibre install?

Thanks

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 15 of 46

HI I have had a message from an engineer saying they need to come round and drill holes in my wall.....something i specifically said i did not want. I was told there would not be any need for a visit !!

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 46

@Bighammerfan Were you told that there would be no price increase or changes in contracts in the emails/texts for the future fibre upgrade - but then they did increase price and contract length? Because that is what happened to me too which I've posted about here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/Free-fibre-upgrade-offer-not-free-how-to-get-the-fr...

I have raised this as a concern with talktalk but if you feel like you were deceived you might want to complain to talktalk so they can look at it properly so its taken seriously.  And if you are sure that you were mis-sold the product you could think about complaining to the ICO and OfCom. I have raised this as an issue with TalkTalk a few times over the last 6 months.

Talktalk complaint: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Raising-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670 

ICO: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ 

Ofcom: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints 

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!

Message 17 of 46

Hi Bighammerfan

Our Loyalty Team will discuss all offers available with you when they call.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Team Player
Message 18 of 46

On your website your offering this for £22/month

Message 19 of 46

Hi Bighammerfan

I have asked our Loyalty Team to call you as soon as possible to discuss your account/bill.

Just to advise the team will need to confirm some details with you when they call for security. I have made them aware of the situation and that you no longer wish to progress with FTTP but remain on your current service.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 46

Hi Bighammerfan

The line engineer is scheduled to investigate this fault tomorrow (external investigation)

I am still in the process of resolving the issue with the FTTP order and your account. As soon as this part has been resolved then our Loyalty Team will call you to discuss the bill, sorry this is taking longer than first anticipated.

I will keep you updated on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie