FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Upgraded to Fibre 65 Bad Speeds

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

Just upgraded to Fibre 65 after being on Fibre 35 (which gave me 40 down at the router) and I am now seeing only 46.6 on the router for Fibre 65, is this correct?, if so wasnt worth me upgrading!🤔

Can someone look for me please and let me know.😳

Jason
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

Ok, it can take DLM up to 10 days to fully optimise the connection. If their is no improvement following this then please let us know and we can take another look for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 10

I cant remember now, think it was around 55 down?, otherwise it wasnt worth me upgrading

Jason
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

It's possible that DLM will increase the speed further if the connection remains stable. Were you provided with a predicted speed range for the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 10

Hi Michelle, 

Router is showing 51.5 down and 20 up, and speed test gave me 51 down and 20 up, is this max i will get on Fibre 65?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and it looks like the sync speed has increased since your last post. What speeds are you seeing at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

You also had issues back in October, @JaceyBoy.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Fibre-Speed-Change/m-p/2824837

Worth using your landline over the weekend to check for any crackles etc, as it is part of the usual diagnostic routine.

You had too many loose ends in late 2021 and recently, with not a consistent Fibre35 / Faster Fibre service (these are the basic service before upgrading to Fibre65).

Please wait for staff to reach your thread and reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 10

Thanks guys, I got nowhere last week with slow speeds, and I was told min speeds would be 50, im not near that, never had a problem the last two years with Faster Fibre always had 40 at the router and around 35 on devices, then all of a sudden I get problems, ive reported it they say I have a fault but nothing been done about it, up speed is fine, seems down has an issue, guaranteed speed says 37 which is lower than I had on faster fibre....

Jason
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

The answer is "it depends" !

What speed range were you issued with and what is your minimum guaranteed speed as seen in Service Centre after a speed test ?

Is the speed you quoted the result of a speed test over WiFi or LAN or the actual downstream line rate obtained from logging into the router dashboard ?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

What was your minimum guaranteed speed for the new package when you ordered it,  @JaceyBoy

You can check that in Speed Centre, on the graph that shows speeds to your router.

You were having trouble with the Fibre35/ Faster Fibre speeds just last week  - just "upgrading" would not resolve residual issues there:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Slow-Speeds-amp-Fault/m-p/2853837

Staff are unlikely to reply before Monday now. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.