FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just done a test on my internet saying there is a fault but talk talk say no fault

sharky110
Whizz Kid
Message 93 of 93

My internet is not working  properly  been on chat with them they do tests say my usage is high I am only running when they did the test one phone and streaming BBC I player how can that be high usage all they wanted to do to fix the problem was send me another router told them just had new router so they y they can send an engineer  if I pay for it I thought talk talk were ment to provide me a service also I ran a check on my service saying a fault talk talk check and there is now fault  how does that work  any hep please guys

Kieran
0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 21 of 93

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did the engineer advise when this work would be completed? If not then we can request an update from our Network Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk  hi Chris engineer checked boxed found fault there is no fibre port in the box he is going back to talk talk to get authorisation to put one on once talk talk do this by open reach will fit it so hopefully it will get sorted soon,in my opinion looks like i have not been getting fibre from when i started with talk talk no wonder my internet has never been working properly also i have recently lost recordings from my tv today set to record but not recorded not a happy bunny at the moment 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 23 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Our network team have booked the engineer visit for Friday 25/01 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 93

I've replied to your latest PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk Hi why would there be engineer  charges am would be best but I don't want to pay  engineer  charges

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 27 of 93

Hi sharky110

Our network have said that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 93
0 Likes

Message 29 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk Ok will do

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 30 of 93

Hi sharky110,

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk  hi hust tried the phone unplugged internet made call with two different phones no noise plugged internet back made another call noise crackling I can connect  to internet but intermittent connection dropping in out same as before does not open all web pages properly  what is it saying the problem is your end 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 32 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Can you connect to the internet at the moment? What type of noise are you experiencing? Crackle/hiss/buzz/etc? Is the noise present at the test/master socket with 2 different phones and with all other devices removed from the line?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we'll pass this straight over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk Hi router turned lights flashing green phone line working but noisey

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 34 of 93

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has now detected a potential fault. Is the router currently turned on? Is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk Hi still the same I'm afraid think it improved for a couple of hours then back to how it was 

Kieran
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 36 of 93

Hi sharky110,

How are you getting on? 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 37 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk  ok will do 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 38 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Ok, please let us know how the connection compares over the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 39 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk not connected  everything  back up yet so not sure 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 40 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for trying this. The speed test results look ok as the throughput speeds are usually around 80% of the sync speed. Is the performance of the connection ok at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes