FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just gone live

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

Upgrade to Fibre35 due today. About 12:30 the phone started chirping for no obvious reason and my laptop lost it's Internet connection. Clearly the cue to have lunch. About 13:00 I logged into the router and I'm up and running. The download speed increase might be useful, the upload increase will be. Screenshots show last night and now. Looking good so far.

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@Mr Bear 1 wrote:

If I'd realised that attaching .psd files meant needing Photoshop to view my screenshots I'd have saved them as something more accessible (although why .png isn't an acceptable attachment puzzles me).

@Mr Bear 1  I think it's better to use the little camera icon to insert pictures in the post (see below) rather than adding them as attachments which people have to open.

I usually save them as JPEGs but saved the one below as a .png just to test.

Camera icon.png

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Mr Bear 1

Good stuff 🙂 I'm glad to see the increase in speed.

Debbie

0 Likes

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 5

Ping was 30ms, now 13 ms, upload was 0.7 Mb/s, now 6.1 Mb/s and download was 15.6 Mb/s, now 35.2 Mb/s. All measured with an Ethernet connection. I haven't checked the WiFi connection speed yet but I can't see it being much different. If I'd realised that attaching .psd files meant needing Photoshop to view my screenshots I'd have saved them as something more accessible (although why .png isn't an acceptable attachment puzzles me).

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mr Bear 1

Thanks for your post 🙂

What speed are you receiving when running a speed test? 

0 Likes