FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep having to reboot router after upgrading to Fibre 65

chmorris148
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I upgraded to Fibre 65 last week and I keep having to reboot the router. When I reboot the speed is fine and back to normal but gradually it slows back down to the point it's unusable.  It seems to slow when a lot of people are using the internet/lots of downloading and just doesn't recover. My talktalk router is the old Huawei one is this compatible with Fibre 65 or do I need to buy the Wifi hub? The chat people told me about the optimisation period (which ends next monday) and to expect slow speeds and drops. What I don't understand though is why I have to keep rebooting it? Isn't it supposed to fix itself? The chat person said to not reboot too much so i've only been doing when neccesary. I used to be on Fibre 35 and it was fine no issues whatsoever, i'm seriously considering going back to it. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but any help would be great

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi chmorris148

Ok no problem. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply. Internet has been a lot better today, I haven't needed to reboot once. I don't think the test router will be neccesary at the moment. Hopefully it's sorting itself out? I'll reply back if I have any more issues

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi chmorris148

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @chmorris148,

You should not need to purchase a new router, if there is an issue with a router that TalkTalk supplied to you then the staff here would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

The staff here will be able to run some tests on your connection and your router, they will hopefully be able to respond to this topic tomorrow to assist further.