FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency 500+..down 65..up nonexistent

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

It's been cranky for a couple of days. I have reset, rebooted, factory reset. None of which helped. It worked early yesterday morning and died about 0915. Came back in the evening and dropped again this morning around the same time. So frustrated as I'm trying to work on a wired connection.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hello,

Ok. If the connection is still dropping when connected wired with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters connected at the main socket with all other equipment removed from the line then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 27

Yes but nothing happened. The router light stayed flashing red - it didn't connect. I am using both the new router and the new cable to the socket.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi,

Ok. When you say that you've tried at the main socket, did you mean that you connected the router to the test socket behind the faceplate?

Thanks

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 27

Definitely - when it's good it's very good (the cabinet is at the edge of my property) - but it's just been cycling up and down. I've pulled my work down on to my hard drive but I need to be able to send it back (creative services - large files).

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test which is clear and I can see 1 re-connection in the last 3 days. Would you say that the connection has been more unstable than this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 27

This is the replacement router that you sent last week or the week before. I don't know what you can see but yesterday (Sunday) morning the connection was more down than up and it seemed a bit better later in the day, there is no pattern as I've been checking. At the time of writing it is up but I don't expect it will last.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Morning,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that this didn't work. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 27

@Muntiacus, staff don't usually work weekends on here. Support likely back on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 27

Tried the master socket. Precisely nothing happened. The router light continued flashing red/amber so I've put it back. What next? It's enormously frustrating when I have work backing up. I've managed to download it to do but who knows when I'll be able to return it. I have no confidence in the connection.

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 27

Yes there is, I'll try it shortly. I don't want to leave it there for too long as it plays havoc with my alarm system. I will update when I've tried it. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 27

New router and cable. Slightly different problem. Just keep losing connection it keeps timing out. Been happening all day. Paid for broadband in advance, now having to buy mobile data to even communicate here. I am very unhappy.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi Muntiacus

Thanks for the Private Message. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi Muntiacus

Apologies, I've made a change. Please can you try and send the message again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 27

It won't let me, I might be doing it wrong. Clicked on your avatar, then send message, then ... nothing

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi Muntiacus

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

If you think it would help - I'll try anything. I can't work like this, it is most frustrating for me and my clients. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? It seems odd that it collapsed at the same time both yesterday and today. It will be interesting to see if it resolves later today and fails again tomorrow. I don't have the feeling that it's anything inside this house.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi Muntiacus

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection/speed compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

That was the wired test. I've done it again and switched off the wifi so definitely just ethernet. 

fast220511_1311.svg
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi Muntiacus

What speed do you receive if you run a wired speed test?

0 Likes