FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Talk Talk

Tylerama
First Timer
Message 24 of 24

I am leaving because you didn't offer me a competitive price. If you had done that in the first place, I wouldn't be leaving and I wouldn't be typing this. You can call me as much as you like (six calls in one day.. if only you'd been as interested BEFORE I chose to leave) - You can offer me all the amazon vouchers in the world, but if you'd offered me the best price already, which now all of a sudden is available.. I would have renewed. But instead you've lost a customer of six years to a competitor.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 24

@Tylerama Thanks for putting us out of our misery! I wasn't thinking that you had factored in some kind of promo, fair enough. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

It's Shell Energy, service has been rock solid since swapping over. Over the course of the year, with the special offer rebate, it come to £15.50 per month. And no, I don't care who they buy from, even if the wholesaler is talktalk, at the end of the chain.

Message 3 of 24

@ferguson wrote:

@Tylerama Great to see you got a deal you are happy with from another provider, the price seems astonishingly good. Do tell us who it is, I am sure others would be interested, myself included!  🙂

@ferguson , It seems we are destined never to know who this amazingly cheap ISP is. There is a saying that if it seems too good to be true, then it's probably not true. I suspect no ISP is offering a service for as low as £15.50.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 24

@Tylerama Great to see you got a deal you are happy with from another provider, the price seems astonishingly good. Do tell us who it is, I am sure others would be interested, myself included!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

They didn't offer me the best price and get me locked into a new contract for 18 months, because they can charge me more on a one month contract. So i've gone from £31.95 to £15.50 a month because I 'didn't bother to ask for one'. Either way, talktalk lose out and I have reduced my bill by about 50+ % for the same thing. The router is better quality too, Zyxel.

Message 6 of 24

Thanks for the feedback Dave 🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

FWIW, I don't really like phoning for a new contract, but ended up doing so to get latest contract.  Unlike most people we still use a landline and a free anytime calls deal was of value.  I was lucky as the call was answered quickly, transferred to an agent in South Africa and was offered a price match which was perfectly acceptable and around same price as my previous contract.  Sadly it was only for 18 months and infinitely easier than trying to move or, as below, being inundated with calls trying to keep me.  It did go up in April, but I got a credit for the remaining increase.  I appreciate some like myself and @jbuchanangb maybe drop lucky with the person we spoke to / offer received, but it is worth giving a call to the loyalty team - maybe even more than once.

My own experience, may not work for everyone, but you never know until you try.......Good luck! 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Thanks jbuchanangb for your comments, glad to hear that you've had positive experience 🙂

Chris

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 9 of 24

I struggle to hear about other people's negative experiences. My 18 month deal with "Faster Fibre" was due to expire on 16 October. On 14 September I received an email from TalkTalk offering me a renewal deal on "Fibre 35". The monthly rate on Fibre 35 would be £23 compared to the £25.50 I was paying for Faster Fibre. It would be an 24 month deal. I signed up on the 17 September. Nothing more to do until September 2023. Usually this forum does not hear much about things which go well.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Message 10 of 24

Hi K9eagles,

As AllyM has said, if you need assistance we are happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi mrcrowley,

If you're thinking of leaving then it's always worth speaking to our Loyalty Team.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

@K9eagles , most of us have a very stable and reliable internet service with TalkTalk.

If you are having problems, and would like TalkTalk staff on this forum to offer assistance, I would suggest you start your own topic and update your forum profile with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account details.

0 Likes

K9eagles
First Timer
Message 13 of 24

It is worth while paying more money with another provider one that’s so called super fibre internet doesn’t stop every 5 minutes and can reach to the top of a 3 bedroom house. Just want one day when it doesn’t cut out funny enough those are usually when you have just paid the bill. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE INTERNET

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

I've never had an over the phone experience with an ISP that wasn't a hassle. Are the loyalty team special?

Going..... Going.... Gone?
0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

@mrcrowley wrote:

Thanks for feedback. I would more or less see that as I might as well move. It seems to me the worse case scenario is that I will move provider for the cheaper deal and never know if they'd have matched the deal or not, while I think its a possibility they'd match it, I'm highly doubtful they'd better it. Seems moving will be the least hassle option.

Can't imagine why you would think moving to another provider would be less hassle than just phoning the Loyalty Team.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Thanks for feedback. I would more or less see that as I might as well move. It seems to me the worse case scenario is that I will move provider for the cheaper deal and never know if they'd have matched the deal or not, while I think its a possibility they'd match it, I'm highly doubtful they'd better it. Seems moving will be the least hassle option.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 24

It's entirely your judgement and choice, @mrcrowley.

None of us knows what offers are going to be available on any particular day etc. It really is the luck of the draw.

One thing that you can be sure of is that your bill will go up when you are out of contract. 

The billing date and end of contract date don't necessarily coincide, so, if you still have a bill due ahead of your end of contract date, you will find that it is already going to be higher, as you are charged a full month in advance. Your next bill will show the pro rata increase.

To avoid that, phone up or use Chat just before they make up your next bill,  so you avoid paying extra if it's a disproportionate amount of the month ahead.

Complicated to explain.  Hope that helps!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

mrcrowley
Team Player
Message 18 of 24

While on the subject of leaving, my contract is expiring 12th Nov. I can get my BB bill down from £29.45 to £21.50  by moving to another provider for a meagre 16% drop in speed. After the contract ends my TT bill will go up to £38 plus faster boost, which will make it £43 a month. I simply aint paying £43 for broadband.

My account is not currently showing any renewal offers. When TT does add a renewal offer to my account, I expect it to be way higher than £21.50 as I'm already paying £24.45 plus £5 faster fibre, total of £29.45

From my perspective it would make sense to sign to a cheaper provider now so the changeover will complete on my contract expiry date.  Also no hassle of negotiating.

My question is, is there any point in getting in contact with the loyalty team now, or should I wait until I have a renewal offer in my account? I like to have things done and sorted but the temptation to move away is quite strong right now.

PS: Been a TT customer for best part of 15 years until now.

Message 19 of 24

@Tylerama wrote:

I chose to leave as they increased the price (expected that) and didn't offer any other competitive price when the contract expired, so I looked up my own better price with a competitor. Now that i'm leaving , they cannot do enough to get in contact, i'm surprised they haven't knocked on my front door in person. If they had offered me the price they are offering now when my contract expired, I would not be leaving.

I don't think they increased the price when your contract expired. I think what you mean is that when your contract expired, the discounted rate associated with it expired as well, so you reverted to paying full price for the service.

Not everybody wants to renew their contract - Some people, due to their personal circumstances, may be prepared to pay the higher price in return for not being tied into a long contract period. If you do want to renew your contract it is up to you to make contact and ask what they can do for you. A simple phone call to the Loyalty Team is all that would have been required.

Basically, they didn't offer you a deal for a new contract because you didn't bother to ask for one.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi Tylerama,

It's always worth speaking to the loyalty team if you're thinking of leaving. The returns bag should be sent automatically within a few weeks of you leaving but if you don't receive one just let us know.

Chris

0 Likes