FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Test Speeds - Download/Upload Stream Problem - PLEASE HELP

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 24

Hi, I am currently struggling to establish Download/Upload Streams I was previously obtaining. I received a Huawei router to replace the Sagemcom router with the DNS problem, which due to personal circumstances I could not try until today. As soon as I connected the DG8041W the line connected but after multiple frustrating attempts the Wi-Fi would not connect at all. I therefore had little choice, but to switch back to the FAST 5364 and now I am having major trouble obtaining sufficient speeds. Various TalkTalk account features to test my line for errors report everything is ok, but the speed test is barely exceeding 10Mbps with a ping in excess of 500ms. Internal devices at home including laptops, phones, a Youview box and an Xbox are connecting but with very slow speeds and connection troubles.

Has my line gone out of sync with the DLM at the exchange due to the switch between routers? Am I able to try anything other than the reset/reboot I have already tried. I would leave any immediate HELP if anyone is available. Kind Regards, Steven.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Steve

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 24

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

Sorry for my delay in reporting back, I developed an issue with Google Drive for Desktop that needed my attention. Unfortunately their transitional update from the to be made redundant Back Up & Sync caused problems with Data in the Cloud & on Synced devices. Something for anyone reading this to be aware of. So with that matter out of the way I received the replacement Hub and my line has now stabilised with the exchange and speeds have increased even slightly higher than previous. Exactly what happened I may never know.

As always I thank for the help and support you provide to the community and to the help you have never failed for me. Your time and effort are much appreciated. Kind Regards, Steve. 😉👏

Message 3 of 24

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 24

Ok no problem Karl thank you for the reassurance. I thought it was best to report and I will patiently wait for the replacement. Thanks, Steven 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi

All tests on your line are showing clear, so nothing stands out.

The new router that is on the way can test to see if it is hardware related.  If not, then an engineer can be arranged.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 24

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Sorry to bother you again, but the internet light on my current 3rd party router has now turned red. Using the TalkTalk line status check it is now reporting a fault. I worry now even when the new sagemcom replacement arrives I'll remain without internet.

Kind regards, Steven

(Sent from my phone)

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi Steven

Thank you, have a good weekend 🙂

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 24

Thank you kindly Debbie

I will let you know how I get on over these next few days 

Thanks, Steven

Message 9 of 24

Good Morning Steven

Thanks for your reply.

The Sagemcom Hub is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 24

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thank you for responding early this morning. I would be grateful if you could supply a Sagemcom Hub since the new firmware is being pushed out.

I believe the address on my profile is the correct one as the address in a private message was from suppport I received for my elderly father in law.

Do you think it would arrive tomorrow as my family is currently but quietly frustrated and the loss of reliable internet.

Kindest regards, Steven

(Sent from Phone using Mobile Data)

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Steven

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub or Sagemcom hub for testing?

Am I sending the router to the address linked to the number in your Community Profile or the number/address in the Private Notes section? (please do not post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 24

Unfortunately I developed further problems and I have had to find an old third party router just to get some basic access online. There must be some sort of fault that is not being correctly identified as the speeds drop, the latency goes high and now packet loss begins to increase. It's not ideal using my 3rd party router as I know you are unable to test and provide support to it. Is there anyway my line can be checked fully and a possible investigation at the exchange. It seems very unusual both TalkTalk provided Hubs have failed on the same day, but obviously not impossible. Could another Hub be dispatched in time for the weekend? Any help gratefully appreciated as always. Kindest regards, Steven 

0 Likes

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 24

The firmware has been pushed through very quickly indeed thank you. Speeds are already noticeably increasing but although latency is 50% better it is still rather high. Will all these issues stabilise once my line syncs with the exchange? Kindest regards, Steven. 👍😊

0 Likes

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 24

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk that would be fantastic if it could and may be a big help with my current problem. How long a wait would it take for myself? Kind regards, Steven.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi

I've asked if the firmware can be pushed out for you, see if this is updated and helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 24

Hi Debbie

If I am able to get this original Sagemcom working as it was I can swap to another Huawei to test again. I'm really at a loss to exactly what has caused my issue?

Also, is there any roll out date for the Sagemcom firmware that was hopefully going to resolve the DNS issue? If it's soon perhaps there may be no need to switch and test the Huawei product? Kind regards, Steven.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi Steven

Thanks for testing this. As the replacement router you recently received was not working, would you like me to send another router for testing and a returns bag for the router you received?

Thanks

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 24

Hi Debbie it was a wireless speed test using my laptop but I can produce a test using an ethernet cable. I have tried testing speeds using my phone, laptop and sons Xbox and they all produce similar results unfortunately. Kind regards, Steven.

Ethernet speed test below 

TT Ethernet Speedtest A.jpgTT Ethernet Speedtest B.jpg

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi Steven

Was this a wired or wireless speed test? Have you also run a speed test on a different device?

Thanks

Debbie

SteveyMc
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 24

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Unfortunately after following the procedure I'm still having the same issue. I have attached screenshots of my latest speedcheck results. Kind Regards, Steven.

TT Speedtest A.jpg

TT Speedtest B.jpg

0 Likes