FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line check

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Can you please give my line a checkup?

I am paying for faster fibre and up until June I was experiencing download speeds of around 55 Mbps. Then it dropped to 50 and settled around 40. The upload speed has remained around 10 Mbps.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi unicorn77,

I'm sorry but if test are clear and your speeds are above the guaranteed minimum then Openreach wouldn't see this as a fault so we would be unable to arrange an engineer visit to investigate

Chris

0 Likes

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 12

It's a pity that I can lose 15 Mbs in an instant and you just shrug that off with "it's within range". I suppose that means I will be looking elsewhere when the contract ends.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi unicorn77

your line is in sync at 45mb and this is within the estimated range for your line.  The profile is currently set at 50mb so is above the current sync speed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

@unicorn77 , The speed boost must be active or else your downstream sync speed would be limited at 40Mbps.

0 Likes

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 12

It might be worth checking that my fibre speed boost (which shows on bills at £3 per month) is actually in force, because I can't find any mention of it in my online account.

0 Likes

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Connection appears to have reset in the early hours last Friday and has remained constant since at 45325 kbps. This is still 13000 less than what we were getting 3 months ago.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Please can you post back here in a few days and we can re-check the connection stats to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Yes, that's done.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi unicorn77

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to connect your router to the test socket for 48hrs, without rebooting the router to see if DLM starts to change the profile/increase the speed in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

unicorn77
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Dial tone is clear and nocrackling on the line.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

All tests are clear, nothing stands out, but DLM has lowered the profile a couple of times.

Can you check the home phone, is the dial tone clear or is there any noise or crackling on the line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes