Had a stable and trouble free connection for some time. No changed my end whatsoever!
We started having drops in service about a week ago, sometime every 10 or 20 minutes;
My router (a Draytek 2862) reported and confirmed the drop. At the same time DL line speed has dropped from a normal 30M to 18M.
Possibly of periodic noise on the voice line but never been listening when line drops.
Fitted my original TT Router so tests could be run, line speed still 18M and line still drops though after line testing (line-reset) it seems to be a lot less frequent. - help desk are shipping a brand new router (seems to be the default response) - not sure why?
Back on the Draytek (so my VoIP works properly) - and line speed still 18M though line up time now 27 hours
Can an OCE please take a proper look.
Hi @simmondp your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday. I would suggest having the TT router connected as the OCE team really cannot support all those third party routers out there.
It would be worth trying the 30 minute reboot whilst you are at it?
Tried the "30 minute reboot" with no difference.
9 Nov @ 3.30am - line dropped
Then at just after 13:00 the torrential rain started:
9 Nov @ 13:30
9 Nov @ 13:54
9 Nov @ 14:40
and those were just the ones I caught!
Line speed still at 17M
I'm really sorry to hear this.
The line tests have detected a possible fault. Please can you make a couple of test calls from your line and let us know if there is any noise?
The router is directly connected to a FFTC Faceplate (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432).
You you want me to remove the panel and connect directly to the test socket with a filter??
The line test is still detecting a possible fault so I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.
We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.
You probably never get to find out what happened with stuff you help with - except when things don't go right!
Anyway; after you escalated the fault to Openreach yesterday morning; at 4pm I had a call from the OR engineer who was at my house (I was in London) but after explaining the fault he agreed it sounded like a line problem, and at 5.15pm rang back to say that he'd swapped my line onto another pair of cables - an all his measurements looked OK.
On arriving back last nigh I confirmed that I now have 28M back and a SNR readings of -5db and -6dB indicating all appears to be well!
So a happy customer - and thanks for your help.