FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live but no internet at all!

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 22

It has been live since the 24 of Nov (days now). Tenants moved in and it doesnt work! thanks a lot TalkTalk.

The yellow light is flashing (indicating its searching). but there is never any internet. Please help!

Aimun
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Aimun

I replied yesterday with the below, would you like us to arrange the engineer visit for you on the Community?

The line test is clear, no faults detected.

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Aimun

The line test is clear, no faults detected.

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 22

Yes

I need the internet resolved ASAP. How much longer do I have to wait?

All previous investigations have come back with "I dont know". They then kindly booked an engineer visit yestrday between 1-6pm and nobody turned up. Typical TalkTalk customer service.

It is no wonder TalkTalk is voted THE WORST BROADBAND PROVIDER IN THE UK 2021.

Congratulations Talk talk

Aimun
0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi Aimun

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like us to investigate this fault on the Community?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 22

Ok, just be aware that if the issue you have is related to the Openreach network, then moving to another ISP that also uses the Openreach network (which is pretty much all of them except Virgin Media) might just mean you take the fault with you to your new ISP.

Having said that, if the fault you have at the moment is due to the Openreach engineer connecting your line up wrong, then they would have to go back to the street cabinet to move you over to EE, so with any luck they might connect your line up correctly this time.

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 22

heres a great tip to the community: switch to EE - they actually respect their customers.

Thats what ive already done. goodby talktalk - you are not an internet provider, you are a headache inducer

Aimun
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 22

TalkTalk staff do provide help on this community (i.e. Michelle who replied this morning is a staff member), but staff are not here 24/7, they only work UK office hours, there are several customers like myself (tagged as 'Community Stars') who spend time on here also trying to help out, and as this is a community many other customers will also help out and provide advice when they can.

0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 22

re is no live chat, no one that works for this terrible company to answer queries or to help with internet downtime. some people cant earn an income without a line.

I have to make this known to as many as possible and hope it will prevent many from making the same mistake I did.

Aimun
0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 22

wow.

Is that really how terrible TalkTalk really is? they dont even deal with own customer issues, they leave it to other customers to help.

I am definitely leaving this awful company. What a huge waste of time. And they were one of the most expensive... I was very wring to chose them.

I'm letting everyone know to avoid this company, they dont deserve peoples money for the quality they offer

Aimun
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 22

I don't work for TalkTalk, I'm a customer like you, but the staff here will be back in the morning and will be able to progress this. The fact that the router is flashing is not a guarantee that the line is dead (it could indicate there is no broadband signal on the line, or the router could be faulty, but the 'voice' service may still work on the line), that is why testing with a phone is useful, as it can prove the correct line is connected to your property, but I completely understand you might not have access to a handset.

0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 22

There is no connection.

And we cant get a phone to plug into it.

Can you please get an engineer to sort out the phone lines ASAP then? Clearly that is the issue.

Aimun
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 22

If Openreach have connected the wires up wrong it makes it hard for TalkTalk to diagnose remotely, as there is a chance the Openreach engineer could have connected your line to a different property, leaving the line to your property dead, but if TalkTalk run a line test it may well come back fine, because it is working fine, but might be connected to someone else's house !.

I'm not saying this is what has happened, it is just one possibility, but if there was any way you could borrow a phone handset just to see if your line is working, and if it is working to dial 17070 to get it to read back the phone number (so that you can check it matches the one shown in My Account), then that would certainly help eliminate that as a possible cause of the problem.

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 22

How long should we expect to be left with no internet for? is this how Talk talk deals with internet downtime that customers experience? tell customers that engineers will visit and then not send anyone. This is the 5th day we have been waiting for you all to fix this issue. I am not given any answers as to what is the issue, but it seems obvious there is a system error in your lines as your router will not connect no matter how we connect it to your phone lines!

Honestly, TalkTalk is probably the worst broadband provider in the UK. I am very upset that I chose your company

Aimun
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 22

Hi @Aimun,

I understand your frustration, so are you saying that you have plugged a phone into the socket, but the line is dead ?.

If this is the case then it might be that the Openreach engineer who would have gone to the street cabinet to make your connection 'live' has messed up and not connected your line up correctly. 

0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 22

There doesnt appear to be line and there is no test socket.

We are disappointed that the engineer that was booked to service the fault did not arrive or work on this fault. Its nice to see how little Talktalk values their new customers.

I currently have zero faith in your organizational ability to provide the simple service you promise and I paid for. I will certainly be leaving a review and copy pasting it elsewhere as this is not something others deserve to experience. We cannot earn an income without an internet connection and Talktalk has cost our household 4 days wages for each one of us.

You are a terrible company

Aimun
0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, do you have a dial tone? Does the main socket have a test socket? If it does then is the microfilter and router currently connected to the test socket and is the router switched on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 22

You should be able to contact the live chat staff from the link in my first reply from 9am tomorrow, or you could phone the number I mentioned from 9am tomorrow. Alternatively you could wait until Monday and the staff here on the community should be able to respond to this topic to help.

Any of these teams should be able to run more detailed tests on your connection to determine what is causing the Service Centre to report a problem.

Message 18 of 22

will the live staff be able to help tomorrow at 9am? or will this problem persist over to Monday until the other staff are back to work?

Aimun
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 22

If the Service Centre test is indicating there is some sort of problem then TalkTalk staff will be able to help, unfortunately the staff here on the community won't be around over the weekend, the live chat or phone support should be available from 9am on Saturday. The staff here on the community will also be able to help when they return on Monday.

0 Likes

Aimun
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 22

Yes I received a text informing me it had gone live.

Everything is connected properly, we have checked this.

we are using the new micro fibre provided.

I have a run a connection test in the service centre and it has come back stating there is an issue (not described). It does not inform me of what the next step is or should be.

Can someone please help as the internet connection was stated as live from the 24th of Nov and we still dont have internet

Aimun
0 Likes