FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local internet outage

Fross94
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

There's seems to be a widespread internet outage in my area. Is this an issue on TalkTalks end or openreach? Is there a rough estimation on when it will be fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Fross94

This sounds like an Openreach outage if it was affecting different providers.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Fross94
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 5

Internet is back now. It was down from about 10.30 to 16.30 yesterday. The service centre didn't give any indication yesterday as to what the issue could be. 

As I mentioned earlier it seemed to be impacting a lot of people in my town across a range of different ISPs, my social media was blowing up at the time and family and friends were having the same issue. Perhaps an issue on openreach's end? It's a little disconcerting that nobody seems to have any answers to what happened, especially when it was so widespread.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Fross94

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you checked our Service Centre Page for updates?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Fross94,

If you are still having issues it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this may give you more info. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The Support Team on this community may not be around until Tuesday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.