FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to pay for a friend’s internet in UK Im in US

ribee86
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello all! I live in the USA and we do not have talk talk here as far as Im aware. I have a friend in the UK who has suffered alot for the last couple of years and trying to start a new life chapter as a Video Game content creator. He finally is able to afford decent internet but is still on a serious budget.

I would like to pay ahead a couple of months of his internet service (as a Christmas gift). I do not have access to his account information directly.  What is the best way to accomplish this? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

Hi ribee86 

Your UK friend would normally pay for their TalkTalk broadband by UK bank Direct Debit from a bank current account. 

It's a fact that sometimes payments made outside the Direct Debit (DD) do trigger an adverse credit record simply because the DD isn't actioned for a few months. 

So, my suggestion is to pay directly to the person's bank account by money transfer. Wise money transfer from the US to the UK seems to have favourable fees, compared to such as PayPal etc. 

A $100 transfer seems like it would be nice to do to cover a couple of months of fibre broadband. https://wise.com/gb/send-money/send-money-to-the-uk-from-the-usa

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 2 of 4

has he not a paypal account send him the money via that??? or get his bank details maybe and send it that way....

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Send them the money?

0 Likes