FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection at midnight and below guaranteed speeds

Yuxel
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

For the last 4 days, 

I lose connection exactly around midnight and then my speed gets below 40mbps - way down the guaranteed speed. Normally I get around 70-75mbps.

Testing the line from my TalkTalk, opens an issue saying there is a problem with my line. The next morning, I get an email and text message saying that no fault has been found and my issue has been closed to repeat the same again the next day.

Unfortunately, the chat service I am redirected to is always closed at midnight. Can this be looked into, please?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Yuxel,

I've booked the engineer appointment for tomorrow morning - May 04 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Yuxel,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Yuxel,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

Message 4 of 15

Hi Michelle, 

I did replace everything for the clean test. I doubt it was the router as it happens between the 10 pm-5 am period regularly now 😞

Yes please, I work from home so a stable internet connection is my top priority.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now and it's still showing the same fault. If you also replaced the cables and microfilter then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you to arrange the visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Michelle,

Good thing I didn't have a chance to send the faulty one back yet. Another router is connected to the test socket currently.

This connected router would not reach the line speeds, that was its fault.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi,

Thank you. The line test is still detecting the same fault. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Great, I thought so and am currently connected via test socket

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi,

This is the test socket at the top. You would need to connect the router via a microfilter.

Thanks

Message 10 of 15

Hi Michelle,

I have removed the cover and there is only one socket.

Is this it or should I look into other phone sockets at home?

This was my main socket and router was connected since i moved in.

IMG_20220503_094512.jpg

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. The NTE55C socket should have a test socket below the bottom faceplate. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hiya,

My main socket is master socket 5C, Openreach branded, and has only one socket connection.

I have two other sockets in the hallway again with one connection on each of them.

Connection and speed keeps dropping multiple times when it is close to midnight till early mornings and seems to be more stable during the day

Online for 00:06:23 day(s)

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property and the connection looks very unstable. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Yuxel your post has been escalated and you should hear back tomorrow when the team return 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.