FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connectivity

Cloudy_but_fine
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 25

Hello I'm looking for some help.

For about a month we have been experiencing regular internet disconnections (about 10x per day).

In addition our devices are regularly 'losing' each other on the network. e.g iPhone can no longer see Sonos speakers or Valiant Heating Hub.

Finally, today someone rang on the land line and as soon as the phone rang I lost internet connection in the middle of a VC.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Alan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see re connections on the line but the line test is clear.

If the connection is still dropping with the replacement router at the test socket then the only option we have is to arrange another Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

We had an engineer on Friday who was very thorough checking everything inside and outside the property. He found no issues with the line at all.

I now have a new router connected directly into the sole entry point into the house with an excellent line into the property and I am still getting dropouts, especially this afternoon.

What is the next step?

Regards,

Alan

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Alan,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning (May 21 2021, 8am-1pm), please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi

I'll send you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25
Yes please
0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take another look now. I've re-run the line test which is still clear. If the connection is still unstable at the test socket with 2 different routers, microfilters and cables then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

I have left this for a while to compare.

i am still getting dropout on the test socket.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 25

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I will pass your feedback on. Please let us know how the stability compares now that the microfilter, router and phone are connected at the test socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Thanks Michelle, that helps a lot. I've removed the faceplate and connected to the test socket via a micro filter.

Can I just point out that calling that a test socket is not very good terminology for the lay-person.

Perhaps "plugging in to the internal socket behind the faceplate"?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 25

Hi Cloudy_but_fine,

I've included a Help Article below,

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

That's the primary one. The wifi and the phone connections combine in the face plate and there is a male connector from the back of the face plate that connects there.

Unless I'm missing something? Previous sockets I've had have two female connectors when you remove the faceplate.

As I see it the faceplate is acting as the microfilter and that socket is the one that is in use all the time

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 25

Hi Cloudy_but_fine,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Message 13 of 25

There definitely is, right in the top centre between the two screws. You will need a plugin microfilter to connect your router there. 

Message 14 of 25

Hi Debbie, I checked before sending you the last reply, but to confirm I've attached a photo with the plate off

There is definately no test socket.

IMG_0298[1].JPG

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Cloudy_but_fine

Thanks for your reply.

This socket should have a test socket, if you squeeze the 2 clips on either side, does the face plate come away?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi Debbie, there are no wired connections - everything is wireless and all drops out simultaneously (we get the orange flashing lights on the front of the router)

I don't appear to have a test socket. The socket is a Master Socket 5C and it has an Openreach mk4 face panel on it with separate plugs for wifi and landline. There are no test socket behind the face panel IMG_0297[1].JPG

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Cloudy_but_fine

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Are wired connections also dropping? Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

The router has arrived and I have installed it however the issues still remain. I've had 2 dropouts in the last 30 minutes

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi Cloudy_but_fine

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25
That would be terrific thanks Debbie!