FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing wired connection after 2 years with TalkTalk

Lanie
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My internet connection regularly drops out when using devices wired through TP links (and electrical sockets). Wifi on phones etc is OK.  Speeds are also nowhere near advertised (between 5 and 40 in comparison to the guaranteed 80). I've read that a new router could fix this but can't find a phone number to order one.  Oh, and I'm out of contract so paying a fortune for unreliable slow sewvice but I would really like to have a conversation with a person to discuss issues rather than just go elsewhere.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Lanie,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Is the connection also unstable if you test with the powerline adapters removed? Do any of the lights change on the router when the connection drops?

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
Thank you, I've added my details.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Lanie

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

@Lanie, your thread will reach staff in the workflow from here. They reply Monday to Friday. 

You need to complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.